ACN Latitudes Forums

Methyl B12 injections

DS was recommended to take these for treatment. Have read that they only help child be more 'normal', but doctor said that it should also keep him from reacting from viruses around him.

It was recommended that he take 5 mg every day, but my son said he would do it every other day for a month. After that, it would be twice a week. From what I read in one article, it said that taking the injections for 2-3 years can help with actual healing of symptoms. Also wondering if this is the methylation treatment that was briefly mentioned on this forum?

Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, my dd8 took these for a while 3 years ago. She was 6 at the time. She got a shot a few times a week. Although she didn't like getting pricked, she came to love her B12 days. It really helped her feel good. Other than that, I don't have much info for you. I hope they help!

My husband, myself and my DD12 all started the injections (daily) 3 months ago. I cannot get my DS14 to do the injections so he takes methylated B12 in sublingual form (it's a compounded liquid like the injectable form). We are all being treated for Lyme and co-infections, plus my son also has a PANDAS dx.

The B12 injections help us immensely with mood and energy level. Our doc said we can go down to 3 injections per week, but the days we don't use them, we don't feel as good. B12 is water soluble, so the body will not hold onto more than it needs.

Our LLMD says that none of us "detox" well. I believe this is where the methylation comes in; however, I cannot explain the science behind this. Perhaps someone else on the forum can take a stab at explaining this. Our doc did genetic testing on all 4 of us that confirmed the detoxing issue (MTHFR genetic mutation testing).

Hope this helps.

Are the injections more effective than sublingual? I've been taking sublingual for several months now and I definitely notice I have more energy and even moods. Wondering if injections would be more effective. I know it's a tiny needle but I don't love the idea of doing it. Thinking of trying sublingual on DD. We tried an injection on her years ago but it seemed to activate her (make her more hyper/moody) at the time. Would love to try again maybe starting with sublingual.

My husband, myself and my DD12 all started the injections (daily) 3 months ago. I cannot get my DS14 to do the injections so he takes methylated B12 in sublingual form (it's a compounded liquid like the injectable form). We are all being treated for Lyme and co-infections, plus my son also has a PANDAS dx.

The B12 injections help us immensely with mood and energy level. Our doc said we can go down to 3 injections per week, but the days we don't use them, we don't feel as good. B12 is water soluble, so the body will not hold onto more than it needs.

Our LLMD says that none of us "detox" well. I believe this is where the methylation comes in; however, I cannot explain the science behind this. Perhaps someone else on the forum can take a stab at explaining this. Our doc did genetic testing on all 4 of us that confirmed the detoxing issue (MTHFR genetic mutation testing).

Hope this helps.

My dd has tested with 1 defective gene in the Meth. pathway.

I believe we are one of the rare people this has happened to, but quick mention-

we have tried to supplement her with B-12, in both the hydrox. and meth. form- both were horrific for her-

I would introduce, get rages and crazy hyper- pull, back to normal, try again, and again, same thing, and yes we balanced it out with folic, etc.

We did the subling. and also tried the nasal spray, and then tried a drop on the tongue, all same response.

We are supplementing her with B-complex, folacal, and 2.5 mg folic acid right now, this is okay.

Separate B-12 in any form was NOT for us, despite our semi-defective pathway.

It can be a beautiful thing for some people though, hope that is your experience!

Edited by S & S

My dd has tested with 1 defective gene in the Meth. pathway.

I believe we are one of the rare people this has happened to, but quick mention-

we have tried to supplement her with B-12, in both the hydrox. and meth. form- both were horrific for her-

I would introduce, get rages and crazy hyper- pull, back to normal, try again, and again, same thing, and yes we balanced it out with folic, etc.

We did the subling. and also tried the nasal spray, and then tried a drop on the tongue, all same response.

We are supplementing her with B-complex, folacal, and 2.5 mg folic acid right now, this is okay.

Separate B-12 in any form was NOT for us, despite our semi-defective pathway.

It can be a beautiful thing for some people though, hope that is your experience!

Good to know what to look for if it is not working. He has already had one shot and had no reaction. Do not have the prescription yet so will see. The only side effects that I found on-line (so far) are excitability/tandrums possibly in the beginning. Really appreciate your feedback.

Take care.