ACN Latitudes Forums

help finding a doctor

Hello,

I have a 13 year old boy who was diagnosed with PANDAS 3 years ago by a neurologist at A.I.Dupont. My son has been on antibiotics daily since. His improvements are remarkable.

My neurologist retired, we saw his replacement this week but he wants to start from scratch with a diagnosis. I am not ready to re-invent the wheel as his current treatment has been so successful. I don't believe the new doctor is comfortable with the diagnosis of PANDAS.

I live in the philadelphia/suburb area. Does anyone know of a doctor who is familiar with treating children with PANDAS?

Thank you

• 7 months later...

I don't have an answer for you but I do have a question. My daughter was diagnosed this July with Pandas. She has all the classic symptoms plus a few more. She is currently recieving a penicillin shot every three weeks which doesn't seem to have much effect. Of course she is also taking an SSRI and valium for the anxiety which escalated to panic disorder with agorophobia. Can ou tell me what antibiotic worked so well for your child? thanks

Hello,

I have a 13 year old boy who was diagnosed with PANDAS 3 years ago by a neurologist at A.I.Dupont. My son has been on antibiotics daily since. His improvements are remarkable.

My neurologist retired, we saw his replacement this week but he wants to start from scratch with a diagnosis. I am not ready to re-invent the wheel as his current treatment has been so successful. I don't believe the new doctor is comfortable with the diagnosis of PANDAS.

I live in the philadelphia/suburb area. Does anyone know of a doctor who is familiar with treating children with PANDAS?

Thank you