ACN Latitudes Forums

IEP cartoon -- talking to a wall

ds7 is having a fabulous week -- teacher helped with some writing graphic organizers; Brain gets stuck exercises; good hints from new 'needle in a haystack' psych.

ds9 is falling apart. writing very difficult. frustrated in art and acting up. i met today with art teacher, old battleax who kept repeating 'just not trying'. shows me poor cutting and agrees when i say looks like fine motor issues -- horrible attitude that what's she's asking for is not too hard -- right! for you!!! that's the point -- ds stated that for him it's like 'she's talking spanish'. ends meeting with, 'so, what should i do, have nothing required of him?' sarcastically. i say, 'NO. i think we need to investigate treating it as a learning disability'.

does anyone have that clip of ridiculous cartoon IEP, 'if he only tried. . . '

thanks.

ds7 is having a fabulous week -- teacher helped with some writing graphic organizers; Brain gets stuck exercises; good hints from new 'needle in a haystack' psych.

ds9 is falling apart. writing very difficult. frustrated in art and acting up. i met today with art teacher, old battleax who kept repeating 'just not trying'. shows me poor cutting and agrees when i say looks like fine motor issues -- horrible attitude that what's she's asking for is not too hard -- right! for you!!! that's the point -- ds stated that for him it's like 'she's talking spanish'. ends meeting with, 'so, what should i do, have nothing required of him?' sarcastically. i say, 'NO. i think we need to investigate treating it as a learning disability'.

thanks.

I think you may be looking for this one

that EA Mom posted last year .... but there are lots of other ones too that are pretty good... like the one for Response to Intervention (Special Education Referral).

art teacher, old battleax who ends meeting with, 'so, what should i do, have nothing required of him?' sarcastically. i say, 'NO.

But does she have a beard? :lol:

Sorry, Smarty, I know how frustrating it can be! And outright aggravating!

You have a 504, don't you? If it has accommodations in there about fine motor activities, I would put that down in front of her in black and white to let her know you're "not playin'." If this wasn't one of those issues that you knew to cover when designin the 504, I would ask for another meeting and get this . . . and anything else that slipped through the cracks at the time . . . added.

sorry -- i guess quite rude of me to resort to name-calling. but it did make me feel better.:P

yes, kimballot, thank you. the laugh is was looking for. nancy -- no, ds7 is who we just had the 504 meeting for. perhaps this is the beginning of the process for ds9.

always so nice to know there are people here who get it!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you get this to your OT, and have them share it

with the teachers?

http://www.nysota.org/node/334

It's a link to the New York OT association report on PANDAS and OT

in the school when writing deteriorates.

Dave

thanks.