ACN Latitudes Forums

Update-?ing Docs approach

Thanks Susan and Momcap for your replies.Well we returned to LLMD(?)and now Im wondering how LL he really is. He acted like putting her on a combo of abx was almost unheard of. He also said he doesnt like to use Bactrim on kids.He did up her to 200mg of Azithro.but I dont think he has any plans to be too much more aggressive in treatment. By the way does anyone know if Azithro. is commercially available without the red coloring? Im also a little concerned that this Dr. thinks "she doesnt have Pandas because she doesnt have high titers"(and the doc that dx Pandas says she doesnt have Lyme) ,I had hoped that he would be a good Lyme Dr. and had planned on trying to "educate" him a bit on the Pandas subject as we went along but now Im feeling like Im back to square one.I have been considering an herbal approach,which I know this guy doesnt think much of. I have about 1 more week to wait on my Western Blots through IGenex, I think if the tests are positive I will try the herbals on myself first.I just hate feeling like Im wasting time in dds treatment.We have been down so many dead end streets,I just dont like the thought of staying on one dead end for too long. Does anyone know of a good LLMD in Michigan? Angela

Edited by kengela

Thanks Susan and Momcap for your replies.Well we returned to LLMD(?)and now Im wondering how LL he really is. He acted like putting her on a combo of abx was almost unheard of. He also said he doesnt like to use Bactrim on kids.He did up her to 200mg of Azithro.but I dont think he has any plans to be too much more aggressive in treatment. By the way does anyone know if Azithro. is commercially available without the red coloring? Im also a little concerned that this Dr. thinks "she doesnt have Pandas because she doesnt have high titers"(and the doc that dx Pandas says she doesnt have Lyme) ,I had hoped that he would be a good Lyme Dr. and had planned on trying to "educate" him a bit on the Pandas subject as we went along but now Im feeling like Im back to square one.I have been considering an herbal approach,which I know this guy doesnt think much of. I have about 1 more week to wait on my Western Blots through IGenex, I think if the tests are positive I will try the herbals on myself first.I just hate feeling like Im wasting time in dds treatment.We have been down so many dead end streets,I just dont like the thought of staying on one dead end for too long. Does anyone know of a good LLMD in Michigan? Angela

Yes, I get Azithro without the red dye. Generic tabs. I have rec'd 250 mg and 500 mg tabs manufactured by Sandoz which are white. There are 2 or 3 other manufacures that do it in white also. Sorry, have nothing to add on all the rest:( Sorry, you are going through all this.

We get the white zith too. We used to get the red and then it changed to white so I don't know if it makes a difference which pharmacy you go to. I would ask them if you can get it. My dd10 reacts to the red dye in it.

I don't have any doctor recommendations for you but I am so sorry you are going through this. The "it's not lyme", "it's not pandas" thing is maddening! It does sound like your doc may not be up on the necessary treatment for lyme that is for sure. You can contact ILADS to request a LLMD listing in your area. If that is how you got your current doc's name, then I'm not sure what to say about that!

Good luck. I really like the herbs and trust that they work but I have only used them in combo with abx at this point. Looking forward to hearing your results.

Susan

I guess Ill go back to my lists of LLmds there werent alot to choose from,a few didnt treat kids,a couple just seemed not really that into Lyme...anyway I will begin the search again. By the way dd came home from school in a horrible whiney mood complaining of pain in her hips/very upper thighs. Now Im wondering is this a Herx? Is something finally happening?! Im anxious and nervous to see what tomorrow brings-hope its not too bad we have sensory therapy tomorrow after school with yet another professional who just doesnt "get it" when it comes to dd,on the bright side I have learned some useful things there and its our next to the last visit there.Thanks again everyone for your moral support it really does help knowing Im not the only one going through these things,and I hate to think of where dd would be without the knowledge Ive gained from this forum. Angela