ACN Latitudes Forums

Restless Leg Syndrome

My son had an attack of pain on his legs last night, very consistent with Restless Leg Syndrome, he woke up and the symptoms kept increasing from please scratch my legs they are itching to screaming help my legs hurt. He kept jumping to different areas of his legs scratching and complaining like he was getting shooting pains in various parts of his legs. It lasted over an hour I had to give him Benadryl, Ibu and put steroid cream on him eventually he fell back to sleep because of the benadryl. After he fell asleep I saw his legs have some small jerks for a little while.

He is on week 4 of recovering from PANDAS attack.

Did any of your kids experience RLS? I read its neurological and it seems just like RLS.

Yes.....my older PANDAS son (was mainly a ticcer with ADHD in the mix when he first manifest).....anyway, he had a bout with restless legs once while recovering from the initial onset. He couldn't stay still to sleep...had to keep moving his legs all around. I get bouts of restless legs from time to time (infrequent)..but, I have gotten bouts of it since waaaay back.

I have Lyme and Bartonella and I had one spell of restless leg syndrome for about half an hour then it went away. It was when I was herxing from starting a new drug. I also have random pains in my legs and other places on my body.

My PANDAS/Lyme/Bart daughter twitches a LOT.

That is the only similarity.

My middle son who is usually my mild PANDAS presenter has intermittent issues with RLS. He also has complaints sometime that his legs hurt at different times (different feeling than RLS). I have severe RLS and have had it for years. It has only gotten bad the last few years. I take medicine for it but it doesn't help much. I think I read on Dr. K's site(could have been somewhere else)that RLS is a PANDAS symptom.