ACN Latitudes Forums

Doctor Appointments- who should go?

I am just curious who all you take to the doctors appointments. In the past, sometimes my husband and I both go and sometimes I just go with my son. I think it is benefitial for my husband to be there and hear the doctor first hand though. Right now I am trying to figure out our next appointments with Murphy and Storch. I don't know if I am going to be able to coordinate for both of us to go and I am kind of worried about that. So I was wondering, how do you all handle the appointments?

If possible, I always have at least one other person there...preferably my husband. I want my husband there to hear the doctor for a couple of reasons: one, so he understands more about the disorder, and two, because I think it's always good to have a second set of ears and a second brain to think of questions.

When my husband has not been able to come, I've been fortunate enough that my mother has been able to come along. However, instead of being a second set of ears/brain, she was a second set of hands that could stay with my daughter in the waiting room while I spoke with the doctor alone.

Ideally, it would be nice to have three people: two for conversation with the doctor and one to stay with the kids in the waiting room. I know...it a little much if you have to travel any distance.

Is there anyone that can go with you besides your husband if he can't go?

I am just curious who all you take to the doctors appointments. In the past, sometimes my husband and I both go and sometimes I just go with my son. I think it is benefitial for my husband to be there and hear the doctor first hand though. Right now I am trying to figure out our next appointments with Murphy and Storch. I don't know if I am going to be able to coordinate for both of us to go and I am kind of worried about that. So I was wondering, how do you all handle the appointments?

If my husband can't go, its just me, unfortunately. My husband has gone to all the appt's w/ Dr K. Local appt's, he normally doesn't go. I don't ask him to because I want him to have available time for our out of state appt's. I have no family anywhere near me, so I'm on my own when Dh doesn't go.

My problem right now is we will all be in fl for our appointments. All includes my three year old ( who just tested positive for strep!!). I just think it might be better for them to stay at the hotel. We are traveling from NC so there will not be any extra hands.

We have had appointments with Murphy with both of us, and with me alone. I prefer tomhave him with me for two reasons, obviously so he hears everything first hand, but more importantly, one of us (usually him) can corral my son if need be so I can actually listen and speak to the doctor.

With that being said,Murphy has some small toys and coloring things in each room to try to keep the kids occupied, if you're worried about your 3 yo. I've also resorted to bringing movies and games on my iPad/smartphone to jeep them occupied.