ACN Latitudes Forums

My persistence has paid off!

I have been e-mailing our local news station's health reporter. I first sent one over the summer, then just e-mailed her again with the links to the Washington Post article. She just called me and is coming to our house next week to interview me and my son (I have to speak with him today and hope he's okay with it, I think he will be, he's been pretty open with his friends). She said the station really wants to promote this during "sweeps month", so will probably air first week of November! I'll post the link once it airs (and will tell my local NE Ohio folks when to watch).

That's great!! It's wonderful that PANDAS is getting more local and national press these days. I am in central OH, and the health reporter for one of the stations here is in the midst of putting together a story on PANDAS. The reporter is my neighbor. We are not being interviewed because it's a conflict of interest for her, but through a local dr to whom I referred her she found two families whom she will be interviewing for the story. She also interviewed the dr. It looks like this story will run at the beginning of Nov also. She became interested in PANDAS when the sister station in Indianapolis did a story, and through a post on this forum I found out she was planning the story here. Before that she did not know that my ds has PANDAS because we haven't lived in our neighborhood for long and he was just diagnosed earlier this year. It was a happy coincidence to find out she was the reporter working on the story! I will also post a link once it airs and give advance notice so anyone in the area can check it out.