ACN Latitudes Forums

Support Group in Charlotte, NC

Hello. My son has been sick with PANDAS after his strep infection this past January. We were just officially diagnosed in September by Dr. Jean Corbier. Does anyone know of any support groups for PANDAS in the Charlotte, NC area? (My husband saw a car with a P.A.N.D.A.S. bumper sticker on it and almost stalked them! :lol: ) Thanks for any information you can provide. This forum is awesome!

We see Dr Corbier, too. We are in the Raleigh area. My wife is in a support group here, but not sure about the Charlotte area. I am sorry to hear about your son, but hopefully he will experience recovery. Some PANDAS kids recover quickly, some have a longer road. Our road has been long, and we are still on it.

My son was diagnosed with PANDAS in February and we also see Dr. Corbier (we see him again next week). We live in Greensboro. I have attended the support group in Raleigh once, but it was a little too far to travel every month, especially when my son was in the middle of a PANDAS exacerbation. It was very helpful to share stories amongst other PANDAS parents though. It would be nice if there was a support group closer or a group organized through Dr. Corbier's office.

• 7 months later...