ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS story on ABC news website

Just saw this on the front page. PANDAS story with NC family and Dr. B. Looks like it might have been a Good Morning America story? Is the mom on this site? We are in NC too.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/pandas-strep-throat-trigger-obsessive-compulsive-disorder-children/story?id=14668292

I'm not the mom featured in the ABC news, but we are in Charlotte, NC. Are you anywhere close to Charlotte?

jasimon2- I am not in Charlotte but I think there are several NC people on here. So I wouldn't be surprised if you hear from them. I have heard of Dr. Corbier on this board I believe as well. Good luck to you on this journey. This board is a GREAT place for information. There are so many people on here with lots of different experiences that are willing to share so much!

from the article. . ." It's not a rare disorder, it's just rarely diagnosed," said Dr. Denis Bouboulis, an immunologist from Darien, Conn., and one of the top experts on PANDAS. "There are a lot of children actually misdiagnosed as having a primary psychiatric symptoms, when, in fact they are autoimmune and organic."

we don't see dr b, but with this published quote, i think i might just love him.

thanks for posting!! was it on the tv show?

I saw that quote and almost posted it here as well. Love it! Especially being one of the Moms that constantly hears that is not our issue.....

I did not see the show so I do not know. I just saw it on the web site. But typically I think it usually goes with a story on tv when it has that Good Morning America logo beside it.