ACN Latitudes Forums

Long day

C Flores

We currently do GFCF for my son (4 years old)and have seen a lot of improvements since. Lately though he has regressed and been having a lot of melt downs. I am at my wits end. We have been seeing so many different doctors that my head is spinning. We are still at a point where we don't have a formal diagnosis. I do think part of it is genetic predisposition but also had major regressions with vaccines. We stopped all vaccinating and will not be going back because of the effects from his last shot. He has seizures, he is very emotional, very intense, very rigid, very hyper, hardly sleeps, very bright. He also has frequent stomach aches. We have tested for allergies and none came up. I have been reading these boards and there are so many people trying so many things I am wondering how do you know where to start? We did the test from enterolab and that is why we took out gluten and dairy. It did he.lp. Before we took it out he was the most oppositional kid I had ever known. Lately he has been very oppositional and grumpy again. We have been doing GFCF for a year.

Thanks for reading!

Cara

If you would like to check out my new cookingrecipe blog I would appreciate comments!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to throw this out there, considering the frequent stomach aches. Have you had him tested for strep? A child can have strep and not have the 'classic' signs. I'd have his throat swabbed for a rapid test and culture and also ask for antistreptolysin O (ASO) and antiDNAse B titers that show past infection. Stomach ache is a frequent complaint in children who have strep. Some of his behaviors are very familiar to me. My DS has PANDAS, not ASD, but was given an Aspergers diagnosis just before we figured out it was actually PANDAS. Its certainly worth looking into, if you haven't already.