ACN Latitudes Forums

Bartonella titres are going down

Hi all.

Just wanted to post that after 3.5 months of rifampin, DS10's bartonella titres (IgG) went down from 160 to 40. <40 is considered negative. So...maybe just a little more treatment? Or do any of you suggest alternative laboratories to confirm? Both tests were done via Igenex.

Thanks!

Wow! Congratulations - that is good news for you and encouragement for me. We are 4.5 months into Rifampin for Bartonella and also seeing improvement. We do not have lab tests to track as our ds15 had an obvious Bartonella rash and all the symptoms that go with it (rash is considered 100% diagnostic). It is encouraging to see that your time-frame and labs are "correlating" with our clinical picture. :)

I've been told that Bartonella needs at least 6 months to be treated with Rifampin. I've talked with a couple former Bartonella patients who were treated for a year... I think we are going for a year as my ds15's symptoms were "over the top" - but we will see in time if we need to go that long.

Thanks for posting the good news!

Thanks!

Just curious -- is your DS taking it once per day or twice per day? I had read somewhere that rifampin works best at night (can't imagine why). Also, how often are you doing liver monitoring? We are doing it about once a month now -- is that what you are doing also?

Wow! Congratulations - that is good news for you and encouragement for me. We are 4.5 months into Rifampin for Bartonella and also seeing improvement. We do not have lab tests to track as our ds15 had an obvious Bartonella rash and all the symptoms that go with it (rash is considered 100% diagnostic). It is encouraging to see that your time-frame and labs are "correlating" with our clinical picture. :)

I've been told that Bartonella needs at least 6 months to be treated with Rifampin. I've talked with a couple former Bartonella patients who were treated for a year... I think we are going for a year as my ds15's symptoms were "over the top" - but we will see in time if we need to go that long.

Thanks for posting the good news!