ACN Latitudes Forums

Ceftin

Ceftin is the same as Omnicef and its been very helpful for my son's Bartonella. We used Omnicef combo'd Azithro prior to understanding Lyme was involved and our son improved dramatically in 30 days. Because he did so well on the antibiotic change, it was one of the reasons we thought chronic infection might be involved. We are once again on the combination and feels its a great back drop to treating his last remaining infections of Lyme/Babesia.

-Wendy

Ceftin is the same as Omnicef and its been very helpful for my son's Bartonella. We used Omnicef combo'd Azithro prior to understanding Lyme was involved and our son improved dramatically in 30 days. Because he did so well on the antibiotic change, it was one of the reasons we thought chronic infection might be involved. We are once again on the combination and feels its a great back drop to treating his last remaining infections of Lyme/Babesia.

-Wendy

SFMOM, how long were you off the omnicef before adding it back in. My son was on it with his combo for 5 months then we took it out while treating bart with other abx. I want to add omnicef back in now for more lyme attack. Its been 4 months since, can you just add a abx back in you've been on before?

We were off Omnicef for over a year. Our LLMD tends to rotate at least one antibiotic every 6 to 12 weeks and especially when there are plateaus. Similar with herbals like A-Bart, A-Myco, Crypto Plus, Enula, Samento, etc. I think it is O.K. to stop and this particular antibiotic but also important to understand current antibiotic regimen and how the addition of Omnicef would interact.

-Wendy

Ceftin (Cefuroxime) is a 2nd generation Cephalosporin. My oldest daughter was prescribed it for a sinus infection. It did the trick in one round. It's nasty...even taking the pills is difficult (according to our pediatrician). My daughter was a real trooper and took the liquid twice a day.

Omnicef (Cefdinir) is a 3rd generation Cephalosporin. It's been prescribed for my kid's strep a lot. My PANDAS daughter takes 150mg liquid daily as a prophylaxis. She doesn't complain about the taste.

We don't have lyme, so I can't chime in on herxing and such, but my experience with them has been really good.

Good luck

Ceftin was good for us. We are on 4-6 week rotations and I feel like tics and behaviors were almost gone. We then went to Zith and it was fine maybe noticed little difference. Now were are on Flaygl and it is ramping up tics and rage. Not like in our worst days, but it is there. Is this herx or just working through die off? I get so confused at days and would like to revisit the Ceftin because everything felt sooooo normal then. But then I question was it doing anything or just harboring the lyme?? Would like any feed back that is helpful. But to answer the main topic I have loved the results of ceftin.

Ceftin decreased my sons tics to zero. Loved it. Then had to add rifampin and mino for bart. Explosion. 6 months later he has mild facial and throat tics. Going to add ceftin back in next month. Since cyst busting I know some strep has been released along with other things. We had blood work done in the middle of cyst busting and his titers were up. This truly is going to be a marathon.