ACN Latitudes Forums

What made you think KPU?

lismom

CandK - join the crowd - very confused here too. Maybe it's a good thing your LLMD appt was postponed. We see a different LLMD in CT who helped us find the KPU trail. But I have so much more to learn about it. Just be aware that as we all learn about this, it may be the forum disease du jour. Take our discoveries with a grain of salt. I don't think any of us have it all figured out. But it sounds like you sure have enough reason to learn more. I hope it proves fruitful!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unraveling KPU for our son was only one piece of the puzzle. Treatment has definitely helped but it hasn't fully resolved symptoms either. If there are obvious signs of KPU then I'd definitely run the test, treat depending on results and see if you can't get some improvement. Its not an either/or type of situation with the Lyme/Bartonella/KPU and whatever else will crops up for your son throughout treatment process. It will all need to be addressed. For us, testing/treating for viruses was as significant as treating for KPU. There are a few that work with both Integrative or Naturopaths along side their LLMDs and LLMDs that provide an integrative perspective. If you feel appropriate, definitely check out in advance of LLMD visit in Dec.

About the cracked lips... often the lips are cracked in the corners of the mouth. Our son had only chapped lips 'not cracked corners'. I also remember thinking my son will be better when those chapped lips are resolved!!!!! I have definitely noticed chapped lips coming and going with Herx responses but over time they have improved a great deal.

Edit: Just read your recent post and I'm sure you'll get some good perspective on different Dr.'s philosophies in your area.

-Wendy

Edited by SF Mom

Hi All,

We have not been on the forum this summer, but have aggressively been treating lyme with antibiotic rotation. I have been wondering what to do about my daughters hair that has gotten thin, chapped lips, dark circles. This sounds like something for us to look into. We are also stalled in our progress 9 mos into lyme treatment, we still have lingering ocd and rage.

Where can I order the tests or do I have to have our llmd/ped do them.

Thanks for your help.

Hi All,

We have not been on the forum this summer, but have aggressively been treating lyme with antibiotic rotation. I have been wondering what to do about my daughters hair that has gotten thin, chapped lips, dark circles. This sounds like something for us to look into. We are also stalled in our progress 9 mos into lyme treatment, we still have lingering ocd and rage.

Where can I order the tests or do I have to have our llmd/ped do them.

Thanks for your help.

We are treating even in the absence of a positive test since these tests are not always reliable. This is not the lab I used (I had trouble finding this one for some reason) so I wonder if the lab I used was as good. I think this is the one that is recommended to use.

http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/cart/view_products.php?SubCat=120

You do need a doctor to sign the order to process the test. Good luck!

Susan

• 3 weeks later...

Glutathione (GSH) test. Many labs, including Great Plains, do this test. Does not have to go to a specialty lab. I believe most hospitals do glutathione testing.

It's a simple blood test to check glutathione levels. But very important! Does not have to go to a specialty lab.

What is the test and which lab?

Do you know if Quest of LabCorp offer this test? I can't seem to find it on their test menus?

Hi, I was also wondering if Labcorp or Quest tested Glutathione. Does anyone know? Thanks. :)

Our LLMD was looking for a lab to test glutathione yesterday. He struck out. Not even Genova. Just pre-cursor tests. But he knows some of his patients have had it tested. So if anyone knows how/who tests- please post.

Hi.

Here is a glutathione blood test from Great Plains Laboratory (whom I've used in the past, and like as a company)

http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/glutathione.asp

DD and I have not had the Glutathione test done, however, given our immune system status (not good!) we are both taking

RediSorb Liposomal Glutathione

it is a liquid, unpleasant tasting, but we each take 1 tsp. every morning, mixed in a little strong juice.

HTH.