ACN Latitudes Forums

Doctors Find Link Between Lyme Disease, Autism

mama2alex

LLM mentioned this on another thread and I was curious, so I looked it up. I thought I'd post it for others to see as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/09/27/doctors-find-link-between-lyme-disease-autism/

I've seen autistic kids in our LLMD's office and I've heard that he's found Lyme in some, but not all, of the autistic kids he's seen.

I thought this article was incredible to see in the press, Fox News no doubt.

I sent it off to some family members, who have listened to me talk about Aspergers (despite evalutions telling me no autism, no spectrum) then PANDAS, and finally, Lyme from the Mother (me.)

All ties in.

I thought this article was incredible to see in the press, Fox News no doubt.

I sent it off to some family members, who have listened to me talk about Aspergers (despite evalutions telling me no autism, no spectrum) then PANDAS, and finally, Lyme from the Mother (me.)

All ties in.

My DD9 as also been diagnosed with Aspergers, motor tic disorder, PANDAS and now lyme/bartonella.

This is a topic near and dear to my heart. Our twins were not on a good path of wellness. We had a few happy accidents along the way that I believe prevented full blown Lyme induced Autism. Vaccinations were delay due to one twins diagnoses of Kawasaki's. Vaccinations were stopped at 2. They were placed on antibiotics by 2 1/2 years of age due to older brothers diagnoses of PANDAS. We started treatment for Lyme at 3 1/2 years of age. We are very fortunate to be only 3 miles from a Dr. who is experienced in treating Lyme induced Autism. Our Dr. treats most of Dr. Mielke's patients that are positive for Lyme et al.

Our younger DD recently had a backslide and her verbal skills regressed along with re-emergence of symptoms. Thankfully we are working with someone I trust to manage her case closely.

-Wendy