ACN Latitudes Forums

What type of doctors do you take your children do?

In trying to get my son better, I have mostly worked with a PANDAS doctor (Dr. T), a local naturopath, and a lyme doctor (for a short period of time). I was wondering if anyone could suggest other possible doctors I should go to (besides my son's GP). I am asking this because of so many things that seem to be the trigger for PANDAS besides strep (mold, celiac, viruses, thyroid, mycoplasma, lyme, yeast, etc.). I am concerned that checking for and treating everything is too much to ask of Dr. T since he is a neurologist. Should I get an immunologist involved? An infectious disease doctor? I know I have not spent enough time pursuing lyme, but if you take that out of consideration, what other doctors have you taken your children to? Were they helpful? My son is 16. His only symptom is sudden-onset severe OCD (adolescent on-set PANDAS/PITANDS). Thank you.

A integrative medicine doctor is great for all of this.

We saw an MD (rheumatologist) who practices "integrative medicine" and is also on the LLMD list. She looked way past lyme. She looked at everything you listed and more. She is in Northern Virginia, but there are others like her!

A integrative medicine doctor is great for all of this.

We saw an MD (rheumatologist) who practices "integrative medicine" and is also on the LLMD list. She looked way past lyme. She looked at everything you listed and more. She is in Northern Virginia, but there are others like her!

Thank you so much for your reply. I notice that your daughter recently had PEX. Did this doctor suggest the PEX or are you working with a PANDAS doctor too? Would you PM the integrative doctor's name and number? Is she taking new patients? Does she have a waiting list?