ACN Latitudes Forums

Metametrix -- GI Effects Complete Profile

Did you ask your doctor? It seems that if you're going to be on antibiotics, then seeing what your gut flora looks like while you're on the antibiotics (and probiotics) makes the most sense.

If you stop, then it's not a true picture of what things will be like in your gut while you're on therapy. My daughters last stool test (not Metametrix though) showed plenty of good flora even though she was on antibiotics (because we continued probiotics too). Also, she still had some bad stuff despite the antibiotics. Group B strep I think it was, which should have been taken care of by the zithromax. That was good information to know.

Did you ask your doctor? It seems that if you're going to be on antibiotics, then seeing what your gut flora looks like while you're on the antibiotics (and probiotics) makes the most sense.

If you stop, then it's not a true picture of what things will be like in your gut while you're on therapy. My daughters last stool test (not Metametrix though) showed plenty of good flora even though she was on antibiotics (because we continued probiotics too). Also, she still had some bad stuff despite the antibiotics. Group B strep I think it was, which should have been taken care of by the zithromax. That was good information to know.

I just got back from an appointment with my son's naturopath and he said the same thing basically that you said. He said the information gleaned from staying on antibiotics will tell us if the probiotics are doing their job. So I'm going to keep my son on antibiotics for the test. Thank you!