ACN Latitudes Forums

need help for little brother

hi my name is chrissy. I need help for my little bro i dont know what it could be my family feels bad and if we say anything to him he freaks out .. Ian is 12 yrs old for example he shakes his head alot blinks if he is on carpet and goes to go on hard wood floor he has to step 3 times with one foot... same goes with every thing else. cabnets toys picking up stuff and i just dont know what it could be ...if anyone could give me information i would appreciate it.. thank you chrissy..my email is www.moe12222001@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chrissy,

I got a cousin who is only a few years younger then your brother, he have OCD and it make me sad and upset to see him that way. One time I saw him touching a few times is nintendo game. I try to stop him by holding his hands and counting from 1 to 5 and I told him, you don't need to do this, just stop, it will go aways but he said he could not and have to do it.

I understand how hard it can be coz I have it too and I know it's very difficult to stop. It's all about a control issue, the person who keep repeating paterns do this to feel safe. A person who have OCD is insecure, he keep on doing this little rituals to feel secure. They need to do theses things because they think if they don't something bad may happen and if they do it they will feel safe. Also they may need to have things done or place a certain way, if something is not in order or just right it will bug them until they fix it, their mind is stuck on this issue and if they don't correct it they will think about it until they fix it.

If your brother is not seeing a doctor or psychiatrist about it maybe he should. The sooner he got help the better his OCD can be cure or at lest have it less because with time it will only keep on getting worst. All the best of luck to you and your brother and take care!:)

Peace PinkFay

• 2 months later...

Hi Chrissy, it sounds to me (not a doctor but my son has the same thing) like he has a tic disorder (much like Tourettes) as well as OCD. If you go over to the Tourettes board there is a lot of information about having both these things together as they very often go hand in hand.

Good luck,

Giselle