ACN Latitudes Forums

Melatonin

mommy11

300 mcg's caused a marked increase in anxiety for me....my eyelids started twitching in February...I read about the twitching and just kept waiting for it to go away...like most articles mentioned it would. But, it never did, (the info. I read says it should only last a week or so) and I started to get concerned because it could have been the start of some other things. Anyway, I decided to cut out the melatonin about two weeks ago, and within a bit over a week, (melatonin builds up in your system over time..that is why it is recommended to take a break for a week every month) the twitching stopped (so far it has only been about 4 days, but, they basically twitched daily beforehand). My anxiety and edginess is back down too. That is what sent me reasearching it...I personally won't take it nor would I give it to my kids. We are all different and have different reactions to things.....this is just mine.

Kelly

interesting study in my Journal watch newsletter today

seems the melatonin is a good pulsar treatment to "set" the sleep cycle

another reason to maybe not use it continuously

also interesting how the combination of bright light by day and melatonin by night helped set the circadian rythms and also how the light therapy helped aggression, depression etc

http://psychiatry.jwatch.org/cgi/content/f...?q=etoc_jwpsych