ACN Latitudes Forums

Classical Homeopathy

Guest pandas16

Guest pandas16

Just a quick update- I took my remedy actually instead of holding it in my hand and all PANDAS symptoms 100% disappeared within 30 minutes of taking it. My remedy is ignatia. I've been sick with this disease for 15 years. I'm sticking with this! She said it's going to be a long path to wellness since i've been sick for so long but she believes it's 100% possible to be cured of this disease. Yippee for homeopathy! Oh should elaborate- First time I took it my symptoms disappeared but I had a hour crying and anger spell that just came over me. Second time, nothing just felt immediately better. Third dose tonight! I have the same remedy as stephanie and her son. (Although remedies are really particular, it's probably just a coincidence) You should all seriously read Amy Lansky's Impossible Cure- Amazing Book!

Edited by pandas16

I am very happy for you pandas16! That is wonderful news!

I know that lots of people have had great relief from homeopaths. Just want you all to know my experience. Took my one son to a homeopath. He got much much worse and stayed worse for a long long time. I would never ever go back. It was an experience that I get angry thinking about to this day.

Everybody's experience is different. What works for some people makes others have a horrible reaction. Homeopathy is not benign.

I don't want to diminish your amazing experience pandas16. I truly believe that homeopathy works for you. But it did not for my son. I believe it did him harm.

I am glad homeopathy is working for you pandas16 :)

I know it has helped many people with many different conditions over many years

as I mentioned when you asked me about it a while ago, my response when healing from pesticide poisoning was very positive

but

as I also cautioned (and as PhillyPA posted)

sometimes things can get much worse as sadly was the case for my son.

I've written about our experience, where we have reason to believe that the Agaricus remedy he was given likely caused the onset of his Tourette Syndrome, and especially deep depression and very severe OCD, when he was 10

He did inherit the predisposition for TS...it runs in the family on his dad's side.

So yes, it is likely something would have triggered the onset eventually.

But it seemed to be the agaricus that did it ....

and the effects were seemingly permanent, as he is almost 22yo now, and although doing great thanks to the "alternative" health plan he has been on for years, nevertheless, he still does "have" TS and OCD

It took me the longest time not to be very angry about that "wrong remedy"....

The reason I am posting this is not in any way to detract from the success you (and Stephanie and hopefully many others :) ) have had.....

not at all

but

as with all things

one treatment does not always work the same way for everyone

and just as with medications and supplements and even some foods....one should always be careful and informed and take the individual into account.

I always caution that while we should share what has worked for us, we should also be careful not to assume it will be "the" treatment for everyone else.

Just a quick update- I took my remedy actually instead of holding it in my hand and all PANDAS symptoms 100% disappeared within 30 minutes of taking it. My remedy is ignatia. I've been sick with this disease for 15 years. I'm sticking with this! She said it's going to be a long path to wellness since i've been sick for so long but she believes it's 100% possible to be cured of this disease. Yippee for homeopathy!

So glad to hear the good outcome with ignatia. Thank you for posting. Are you still on your antibiotic?

Also, had a question for those who had negative results with homeopathy. Did you feel that you had a good homeopath? I say this because there can be a big difference between one homeopath and another in terms of their experience and training. And though I don't know that much about homeopathy, I can see how the wrong homeopathic rememdy could make a child much worse. I can even see how these negative results could last as I think the thought behind homeopathy is similar to that of vaccines which we know can have lasting negative results for PANDAS kids.

Or do you feel instead that no matter which homeopath you had gone to or what remedy had been used, your PANDAS child would have done poorly?

I need to clarify again...my son does not have PANDAS, although he is likely PITAND

We had an excellent homeopath, as mentioned her remedies for me were very effective!

She also had been treating my son for over a year, helping greatly with the ADD and some other stuff, with other remedies

then she put him on agaricus.............

My son's homeopath was considered the best of the best. He did specialize in developmental disorders but at the time I did not believe my son had a developmental disorder since he was a totally normal five year only a few months prior to our visit. His remedy was belladona. The antidote was to rub vicks under his nose. He came to the conclusion that my now non-functional child needed belladona because my son would talk about God a lot. He would pray to God for help.

Perhaps it is correct to say that some are obviously better than others. But my mouth is sour at the mention of homeopaths because of my experience. I would never even attempt to try a homeopath again because they scare the heck out of me. Our homeopath, who came highly recommended by many many people was also a M.D. I thought that also gave him even more credibility since he had been through medical school. He was also a DAN! doctor.

What I took away from that experience was that homeopath's were wackos that caused destruction and not healing. I admit that that is sterotyping based on my one horrible experience. But - it is what it is.

This post is in no way intended to offend anyone who has had great success with homeopaths. I simply share with you my experience.

On the flip side, and I have mentioned this before, my son does amazing after he gets a vaccine. That is my experience. However, I completely understand why others choose not to get vaccines. They have a different experience.

The human body and the way it works in each unique individual is remarkable. It really does show that no two people are made alike.

On the flip side, and I have mentioned this before, my son does amazing after he gets a vaccine. That is my experience. However, I completely understand why others choose not to get vaccines. They have a different experience.

Interesting, Pam. Have any of his doctors speculated why that is? I don't recall any reactions positive or negative with vaccines and my girls, but now that we've been instructed no more, I'm following orders. I've always received the flu vaccine for myself with no reaction. When my dd was really sick/symptomatic, she would be "normal" with high fevers...I guess that's an inflammation phenomena.

They sure did speculate. I got speculation from the top dog. I will pm you who told me this...

The vaccine creates a diversion for my son's immune system. It gives his immune system something else to focus on. Therefore, we see healing of pandas symptoms.

Crazy, huh? I feel like the only person in the universe who's child does really well after a vaccine.

Weird....since the big blowup of symptoms last June, when my dd had another fever for a few days at one point, I was so worried about it. But she seemed "better"---not totally, but just a bit LESS pandas'y during the fever too. I thnk the craziness starts AFTER?

Interesting, Pam. Have any of his doctors speculated why that is? I don't recall any reactions positive or negative with vaccines and my girls, but now that we've been instructed no more, I'm following orders. I've always received the flu vaccine for myself with no reaction. When my dd was really sick/symptomatic, she would be "normal" with high fevers...I guess that's an inflammation phenomena.

My son's homeopath was considered the best of the best. He did specialize in developmental disorders but at the time I did not believe my son had a developmental disorder since he was a totally normal five year only a few months prior to our visit. His remedy was belladona. The antidote was to rub vicks under his nose. He came to the conclusion that my now non-functional child needed belladona because my son would talk about God a lot. He would pray to God for help.

Perhaps it is correct to say that some are obviously better than others. But my mouth is sour at the mention of homeopaths because of my experience. I would never even attempt to try a homeopath again because they scare the heck out of me. Our homeopath, who came highly recommended by many many people was also a M.D. I thought that also gave him even more credibility since he had been through medical school. He was also a DAN! doctor.

What I took away from that experience was that homeopath's were wackos that caused destruction and not healing. I admit that that is sterotyping based on my one horrible experience. But - it is what it is.

This post is in no way intended to offend anyone who has had great success with homeopaths. I simply share with you my experience.

The human body and the way it works in each unique individual is remarkable. It really does show that no two people are made alike.

Gosh sorry about your experience and your son's suffering. Didn't realize my post would stir up so many negative emotions for you.

No worries pandas16. No negative emotions were stirred at all. I write my experiences without any attachment to negative feelings I may have felt in the past. I am a happy happy person!

i also want to add homeopathy may be a miracle cure for some it can also be destrcutive for some as well. if a remedy is powerful enouch to cure it is also powerful enough to harm. there is a misconception that these remedies are harmless. it is absolutely not true! i was so intrique by it, i became a patient and started studying homeopathy.

what i have learned is that if you are interest in this modality, find a good classical homeopath. don't be fooled that if he/she is a MD, NP, it really doesn't mean that they know homeopathy because it is a completely different school of thought & practice.

My son & I both had terrible aggravations from using homeopathic remedies, from different doctors.

I would use it for acute situations if i have to, but not for anything chronic for me & my family. Chronic remedies go deep, so be extra careful.

Pat

Pandas16, will you now forego your tso treatment? I can buy ignatia on the internet, but don't know anything about it or possible interactions with abx. Did your homeopath caution about interactions of this sort?

As pandas16 mentioned...PLEASE do NOT try to treat yourself or your children with homeopathic remedies.!!!!

Homeopathic remedies are not like supplements or herbs or even meds where you may have a bad reaction and have it go away when you stop

They are very specific to the individual and can cause permanent and severe reactions if the wrong remedy is used

If you want to try homeopathy, find a reputable classical homeopath, and even then, research the remedy before taking it