ACN Latitudes Forums

Chelation Update

Carolyn,

I am assuming these are pretty good results, especially considering the slower protocol your using. Would either of these test have shown enough iron being pulled to make your specs magnetic?

Sure hope your achy feelings gotten better. Are you going to continue on this course?

Kim

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim,

Yes, I'm happy with the results especially to see mercury starting to come out for the first time. I didn't have iron checked so I'm not for sure on that one. I tend to wonder if the specs could be bismuth? It says bismuth can be used to make strong permanent magnets. I really have no idea as it could be anyone of those toxic metals/combination of metals.

My achy feelings went away, along with the headaches, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if I have a pretty good month and then all of the sudden those symptoms hit again. That seems to be the way it works until you get enough out from what I hear. I'm for sure continuing chelation. I'll be talking to Dr. Robbins shortly to see if I'm going to continue on the TD DMPS or go to oral DMPS. Since I'm pulling metals, I just assume stay on the transdermal form. After these metals results, I don't think it's that I'm not tolerating the td form, but I do think it's that I was in the process of pulling some serious metals which kicked up symptoms.

Carolyn

I'm going to try a new DAN doctor in June. A good DAN doctor around here is really hard to find for some reason. I've talked someone and they've been really happy with him. My allergy doctor just really doesn't want me to chelate since I'm getting sick so much. However, I'm very determined to continue since I have had benefits also. I just want to find the best way for me.

This new DAN doctor has been to just about every DAN conference for several years. He's also had training by Dr. Mccandless. I'm hoping those are good signs. He's in my insurance network. I called him on late Friday afternoon to ask what chelation protocol the doctor uses. The doctor called me back Saturday and I liked what he had to say. He said he uses a modified version of the DAN protocol. He likes to use DMSA, but also uses DMPS. He said if I want to stick with the transdermal form, he'll work with me to get that figured out. He said I may be using too much, but we can figure that out at my appt. He also said bring all the recent lab work.

I'm really hoping he's a good doctor and will ease my stress so I'm not feeling like I'm having to figure this chelation out all by myself.

Carolyn

I'm curious what the doctor is basing "low iron levels" on. If the doctor is basing it on low hemoglobin, you're probably more than likely low on B6 and too HIGH in iron. All we need in iron a day is 1 mg. That's IT. People are overloading themselves on iron. Most people doctors label anemic are iron-overloaded. Anemia and iron deficiency are two separate things.

I'd keep this in mind. I don't know why ANYONE would EVER need to supplement for iron. Practically everything we take in has iron.

~Tara~

Thanks Kim. Yes, it would be really great if he's good since he's in my network. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Tara-The low iron levels were based on an RBC elements test. He wanted me to supplement additional iron, but I decided not to and wait and see. The next time I tested RBC elements again my iron was good.

Carolyn

I'm going to try a new DAN doctor in June. A good DAN doctor around here is really hard to find for some reason. I've talked someone and they've been really happy with him. My allergy doctor just really doesn't want me to chelate since I'm getting sick so much. However, I'm very determined to continue since I have had benefits also. I just want to find the best way for me.

This new DAN doctor has been to just about every DAN conference for several years. He's also had training by Dr. Mccandless. I'm hoping those are good signs. He's in my insurance network. I called him on late Friday afternoon to ask what chelation protocol the doctor uses. The doctor called me back Saturday and I liked what he had to say. He said he uses a modified version of the DAN protocol. He likes to use DMSA, but also uses DMPS. He said if I want to stick with the transdermal form, he'll work with me to get that figured out. He said I may be using too much, but we can figure that out at my appt. He also said bring all the recent lab work.

I'm really hoping he's a good doctor and will ease my stress so I'm not feeling like I'm having to figure this chelation out all by myself.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

I am glad that you have found a well trained DAN doctor. Not all DAN doctors agree but the good ones who disagree agree that different treatments work better with different people and it is the person and not any individual treatment that should be looked at first.

My son has used both DMSA and DMPS at the same time and it worked great for him.

The DMSA works better for getting out the lead and the DMPS works better for getting out the mercury.

In severe cases or with young children research has shown that the faster the better for success with getting out the heavy metals. Being aggresive with the young is neccessary but that research is based upon autism which even if TS is in that spectrum it is not as serious as the autism label itself. I believe that there is more damage to the brain with mercury crossing the blood brain barrier with autism then with the other spectrum

labels.

We stopped using the DMSA for we were using it as a supposortory and my son as he got older became uncomfortable with it.

We used that mode as well as the IV to by-pass the gut. Remember if you have gut issues you should not be taking anything orally be it pill or liquid for the yeast and bad bacteria feeds on it. So says the research.

Oh by the way for the first time I read that a noted DAN doctor at the conference gave the ok with a natural detoxer. I believe it was what Chemar has used for her son. I do not want to mention it now with out having the conference notes it in front of me.

By the way in the begining when my son first started to pull out the metals his tics got worse but slowly declined with the treatments until it is hardly noticable to the untrained eye.

Note to all: The detox is just one step of many with my son's success.

A restricted diet, supplements, epsolm salt baths, and various lotions are all part of

his plan.

Andy, Carolyn

I should wait until I do a little more research on this, but I'm kind of excited and wanted to know if either of you had any input.

From this site http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/fulltext/dmsa3-3.html

DMSA is a sulfhydryl-containing.........

Do either of you have an opinion on what effect the sulfer, contained in the chelators, may have had in regards to the ability to eat more normally?

Carolyn, remember when I asked you what you felt made the difference, and you said it was when you started chelating? I'm thinking that it wasn't because you were ridding body organs of metals, but supplying deficient sulfer. Any thoughts on this?

Andy have your son's Dr.s ever commented on this?

Would be grateful for any comment!

Kim

Kim

Andy, Carolyn

I should wait until I do a little more research on this, but I'm kind of excited and wanted to know if either of you had any input.

From this site http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/fulltext/dmsa3-3.html

DMSA is a sulfhydryl-containing.........

Do either of you have an opinion on what effect the sulfer, contained in the chelators, may have had in regards to the ability to eat more normally?

Carolyn, remember when I asked you what you felt made the difference, and you said it was when you started chelating? I'm thinking that it wasn't because you were ridding body organs of metals, but supplying deficient sulfer. Any thoughts on this?

Andy have your son's Dr.s ever commented on this?

Would be grateful for any comment!

Kim

Kim

We have used DMSA with my son and are still using DMPS.

DMSA and DMPS is considered to be invasive ways to chelate the body.

We have had wonderful success with it but can not wait till we are finished with it for we are concerned about long term effects if any and hopefully not. I would advocate the use of either DMSA or DMPS for severe cases of TS if heavy metals show up on a challenge test but unlike that article I would not make DMSA or DMPS for that matter sound as harmless. DMSA and DMPS also pulls positive vitamins and minerals from the body like zinc and if someone is not keeping track of the body's levels it can become lethal. Alot of pre-testing and preparation is needed before using DMSA or DMPS and a lot of on going testing is needed to ensure safety.

As for eatting, enzymes I think is more of a step in that direction after the DMSA or DMPS gets rid of the heavy metals that may have damaged the gut in the first place.

Andy,

I have learned a long time ago that the business of pulling heavy metals is not anything that I would want to mess with, without a very experienced PHYSICIAN.

The link was only for the purpose of the reference to DMSA being a sulfhydryl-containing agent.

Thanks for your input!

Kim

Kim,

No, I don't know what effect sulfur would have on eating.

Andy,

When your son started to pull metals and you saw an increase in tics, had you already seen improvements in other areas?

Carolyn

By the way, I added MB12 shots back in on Saturday.

[

He started to eat.

Now I hear, "Dad I am hungry"

His increase of tics did decrease until it is hardly noticable unless triggered by extreme stress however when triggered it decreases fast when taken care of, we noticed sleep and olive oil help, of whereas it used to be 24/7.

The sulfur may have a negative effect if sulfur based drugs are given orally for yeast and bad bacterial is thought to feed upon them. That is why IVs, creams, and supposortories are given.

Just thought I'd give an update on how things are going. So far I've been doing really good since that fever. Lots of energy, actually up at 5-5:30 AM without an alarm clock. No headaches, achiness, etc. Still seeing improvements on foods. Today I ate the peeling on an apple for the first time in many many years. The last time I ate the peeling on an apple was at kindergarten round up when I was 4 (before I had ts). We had chicken nuggets for lunch and the cooks forced me to eat an apple with the peeling on it. I ended up puking and never ate school lunch again until 6th grade when I decided I would eat there sometimes as long as the cooks didn't force me to eat anything.

I'll be seeing the new DAN doctor soon and hope it will go well.

Carolyn

Andy,

Do you have plans of using something long term after dmps?

Carolyn

I wanted to add in something else. Some other changes I've seen are an increase in wanting to be more socially involved. Like for example, I've wanted to answer a question in class. I haven't felt that until recently. Another example is the feeling of that guy is hot. These are the types of feelings my friends had at 14, but I've never felt that way before. I have a gut feeling that this is related to chelation/getting the metals out. It only makes sense why all of the sudden I'd want to be more socially active after all these years, etc. As I mentioned on another board, its also frustrating because I feel so behind on it all. If it's chelation related then I should continue to progress on it hopefully

By the way the doctor's nurse called me back on the CBC, CMP, and RBC minerals and said she didn't see anything that jumped out at her, but she'd like the doctor to take a look at them and give me a call Monday. Then she'll fax them to me.

Carolyn