ACN Latitudes Forums

Chelation Update

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolyn,

Another option? Maybe you could call and ask them if they would like a donation for research purposes.

UC Davis M.I.N.D Institute

The Medical Center donated several acres of land and added more than $20 million

to the pot. In 2003, the M.I.N.D. Institute, which also includes a

27,000-square-foot lab that is the envy of other departments at the

Medical Center, was formally christened. It has an annual budget of

$18.9 million, which includes $3.8 million from the state.

Contact Info.

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/mindinstitute...ctus/index.html

Carolyn, Andy, Giselle/Others,

It may be a little early on for Carolyn, maybe not, but I thought of the three of you reading this:

From Bernard Rimland.....

Several announcements:

1. Our Washington, D.C. DAN! conference held earlier this month was a huge success, in every respect. Prior to the conference, ARI sponsored a two-day Think Tank of researchers and physicians. The day after the conference, ARI sponsored, sold-out training courses for physicians and for nurses. The DAN! message is really getting across!

The entire Washington, D.C conference was videotaped, and we plan to upload all of the presentations to the Internet within a month. You can still watch the videotaped presentations from our Boston DAN! conference (Spring, 2005) and our Long Beach DAN! conference (Fall, 2005) at www.DANWebcast.com

2. Chelation is one of the most effective and safest treatments for autistic children. However, there is a great deal of controversy regarding the most effective chelating agents and the most efficient ways of administering them. We recently uploaded a chelation survey to the Internet. If your son or daughter received chelation therapy, we would appreciate your completing our survey. Our findings will be shared with other parents and physicians. The survey is located at: www.ChelationSurvey.com

3. Just Published! AutismToday recently published a book titled 'The Official Autism 101 Manual.' The book contains a chapter written by Drs. James Adams, Stephen M. Edelson, Temple Grandin, and myself, along with chapters written by other respected professionals, such as Tony Attwood, Sandra Harris, Stephen Shore, Teresa Binstock, and more. Visit: www.AutismToday.com to find out how to purchase the book.

4. We continue to place additional translated articles to our website. We will be including articles translated into Italian and Russian in the near future. Visit: www.AutismTranslations.com to view these articles.

* Our findings will be shared with other parents and physicians. The survey is located at: www.ChelationSurvey.com

I was wondering if anyone wanted to respond to that survey. I would so love to see TS included in their research, and it just makes sense that they would be interested to know what progress you have made.

Kim

Guess What! I tried mushrooms today, no gagging! Mushrooms are something I had tried before and had always gagged on before now.

So beyond not feeling the best I'm still seeing these great results and I think that's what wants me to push through the rough times. It's very important to me that I be able to eat normally. Number 1 because I want to eat healthy and I'll be able to have more food choices especially with my allergies. The other reason is because I do want to go on a missions trip to another country and don't want to look rude if I don't eat their food. This is along with many other reasons.

As far as the not feeling well part I still am having troubles with headaches, ear ache, etc. and now also have the diarrhea. That tends to make me think it's just horrible detox symptoms atleast I hope.

I contacted my allergy doctor since I've had no response from my chelation doctor and he's sending me a script for the CBC, CMP, and a couple others. We're going to keep me on TD DMPS for now. We're going to check the mineral and heavy metal levels and go from there. May consider oral dmps, but we're going to wait for the test results first.

Carolyn

That's great about the mushrooms Caroline. We tend to celebrate every achievement don't we - and we need to. Things that others take for granted. What country do you want to go to? We sponsor a girl from Uganda. Just wondering. I hope you continue to have positive results.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. Yep, we do celebrate every achievement. I want to go to Tanzania or Romania.

I have some info on the black specs. I don't think this simple, but one of the ladies I work for suggested seeing if the black specs stick to a magnet since magnets stick to metals. I tried this with my black specs and they did stick to a magnet so they must be heavy metals.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

I had actually thought of a magnet too. I assumed what ever metal may be present, would be combined with other properties that would make it useless though. What things chelated would have a magnetic attraction?

I'm so glad you were able to get your test kits.

I would not be happy with the way your Dr. is handling things :blink:

Hooray on the mushrooms!

Did you read this?

Infection-triggered, auto immune

subtype of anorexia nervosa in young children

http://thewilloughatnaples.com/infectionindex.html

In reading about the vaccines, I can't help but notice how many list anorexia as a side effect.

The chart of symptoms on page 15 here, were upsetting for me to read too. Tics, eating disorders, sleeping disorders, etc.

http://www.putchildrenfirst.org/media/5.20.pdf

A similiar chart from this site, listed these same things + enuresis too. It feels just like a new blow everytime you see that stuff in black and white.

kim

Kim,

The thing is about the metal and the magnet was not every side of the spec would attach to the magnet so not all of it was something that attracted to a magnet. It appears to be a combination of metals I would guess just kind of what Dr. Neubrander thought. So I'm not for sure what things would have an magnetic attraction. I wonder about arsenic?

Thanks about the mushrooms. It was exciting. Nope, I hadn't read that, but I don't have anorexia. I've seen tics on several of the vaccine studies. Did your son ever have a speech disorder? I did and had speech therapy from about the age of 3 until 6th grade. I wonder if that had something to do with heavy metals.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenic

Arsenic is a chemical element in the periodic table that has the symbol As and atomic number 33. This is a notoriously poisonous metalloid that has many allotropic forms; yellow, black and grey are a few that are regularly seen. Arsenic and its compounds are used as pesticides, herbicides, insecticides and various alloys

Metalloid? maybe it would then.

I think they're using the phrase anorexia, kind of like a "catch all," when kids stop eating normally for any number of reasons. When it's referred to in the vax. info, I don't think they mean it in the sense we're used to hearing that word either. I have read that zinc levels that are off affect the way food tastes, oral sensitivities/defensiveness and things like that with metal overload. It has nothing to do with body image in these cases.

I think I posted once quite a while ago about a segment on 20/20 about baby anorexics. Some of these toddlers were so bad, they didn't even want water in their mouths. There was a little girl on one of the morning shows recently. She had sever eating issues, and had been in In patient programs for it. They said her Dr.s believed it was related to strep. Her Mom had an eating disorder too. Again, is it a family history related to an abnormal immune response to an infection or virus?

My 9 yr. old is hooked on pretzels. Soft, or regular crunchy ones. We were at a Subway, and he was eating a soft pretzel. I broke a piece off and remarked that they were sooo tasteless. He said "they're just so sweet."

I couldn't detect ANYTHING sweet tasting about them. He said he didn't even like the salt, because it covered the sweet taste?????

He didn't show any sensitivities with IgG to grains, so I let him have them occasionally for calories, but I still suspect he shouldn't be eating them.

Caroline,

You said something that I hadn't heard before. Sydnie has always had (and still does) this kind of New York accent and she says her R's differently. (We live on the West Coast far from NY) Everyone has always commented on her "accent". It seems to be wearing off a little or maybe I just don't notice it anymore. I never put it with Tourettes. Very interesting.

Lisa

Kim,

I'm really not for sure what they could be. Rick said if part of it is attracted to a magnet then it probably has some iron in it, but not for sure about what else it consist of. I'm not really for sure if the stool and urine test will show anything, but I'm interested in finding out.

I commonly won't eat salt on soft pretzels.

Lisa,

I don't hear very many people mention speech disorders with Tourette's either so I was just kind of curious. I think it's all linked to tourette's and maybe it had to do with vaccines.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

You were having a problem with slightly low iron for a while too, weren't you. I guess we can just hope some of the bad stuff is there too.

I missed out on the remark Lisa was referring to, but my oldest son had exactly that same thing. My mother-in-law always used to say, he sounded just like he was from New York. Accent comments too.

My youngest son, used to take a really deep breath at the end of sentences. He ALWAYS soundes like he was telling the most exciting story.

kim

Kim,

Yes, I had low iron for a while. However, I decided to just leave it alone and not supplement it. The levels went right back up. Yep, hopefully the bad stuff is there too.

By the way about your comment on tylenol lowering glutathione levels which makes it harder to get rid of toxins. I've seen that too and I think I read it in the DAN papers. When I was little, I basically lived on Tylenol.

Carolyn

• 2 weeks later...

I got my test results back from the Fecal Metals & Urine Toxic Metals test.

On the fecal metals, it showed many things. Tungsten and Bismuth was elevated. Quite a bit of mercury, Antimony, Cadmium, Copper, Nickel, Thallium, and Uranium. A little bit of arsenic and lead.

On the urine toxic metals, Tungsten was elevated. This was the first time we saw any Mercury coming out. Not quite elevated, but almost. Quite a bit of Nickel. Some Aluminum, Antimony, Arsenic, Cadmium, Thallium, and Tin.

This was with 95 mg of DMPS using the transdermal form. I didn't use as high of dosage as the DAN protocol says for challenge tests.

Carolyn