ACN Latitudes Forums

Not Sure What to Do...

Lynn777

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on the boards as much anymore. First, I needed a break & second, the tics were pretty low from Feb - July. The tics are never gone, but they were so mild no-one noticed except me & my husband. Despite the waning, we kept him on all of his supplements & his strict diet. Honestly, the child almost never misses his supplements & rarely cheats on his diet.

Well, about two weeks before school started, DS started with a breathing tic (so painful to watch). It is honestly scary. It's the first tic that has really annoyed him. He's also starting to make more & more noises. Nothing loud, but lots of little things - a noise that sounds like he's trying to scratch his throat with his tongue, a clicking sound, small grunts (these actually have never gone away), etc. I swear he has (at least) 5 tics right now.

So, does this mean he's getting worse? Is it just waxing? Does this mean I need to start researching again? Should I be doing more? Adding more supplements? I just don't know, I honestly feel kind of lost & helpless at the moment.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on the boards as much anymore. First, I needed a break & second, the tics were pretty low from Feb - July. The tics are never gone, but they were so mild no-one noticed except me & my husband. Despite the waning, we kept him on all of his supplements & his strict diet. Honestly, the child almost never misses his supplements & rarely cheats on his diet.

Well, about two weeks before school started, DS started with a breathing tic (so painful to watch). It is honestly scary. It's the first tic that has really annoyed him. He's also starting to make more & more noises. Nothing loud, but lots of little things - a noise that sounds like he's trying to scratch his throat with his tongue, a clicking sound, small grunts (these actually have never gone away), etc. I swear he has (at least) 5 tics right now.

So, does this mean he's getting worse? Is it just waxing? Does this mean I need to start researching again? Should I be doing more? Adding more supplements? I just don't know, I honestly feel kind of lost & helpless at the moment.

Thanks!

Hey Lynn,

You're not alone, it seems quite a few of us have been seeing seeminly unexplainable rise in tics over the last several weeks. Check out my thread regarding that, it may help. A friend of mine also pointed out the high allergens and it's apple spraying season! I didn't even consider that!!! Just this past few days we are seeing a decline, although he does have a cold so come throat clearing ones are more obvious. Keep up with what has been working, maybe up the epsom baths and loads of water? Don't panic, this too shall...there's no other way to put it, it really sucks when there is waxing after a long period of calm.

I wish you the best.

Megan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lynn! Haven't been on here much either. Sorry you guys are having waxing periods, so are we. I know that my ds always gets worse at this time of year. Maybe it's the moon, maybe it's the changing sunlight hours, maybe it's the allergens....never really sure. All I know is that I have changed nothing in his supplements or foods and he'll just start waxing, seemingly for no discernable reason. Hang in there, you're not alone!