ACN Latitudes Forums

Well, Mama has Lyme and

SSS

Yep. I knew this already, when I clued into myself, with the symptoms, seeing my low CD57. (45)

We went to the LLMD today for my dd6 to start her treatment plan. I am happy how we are starting out- I guess I was expecting some crazy antibiotic regimen, not so- we are addressing her meth. pathway with specific B vitamins, as she has a defective gene that blocks this detox pathway, and her virual load is very high (from labcorp blood testing), we also had some Zyto testing today too (not from LLMD) which said viruses are the thing that need to be dealt with first, so script for Famvir, and also a parasite treatment, we have come up with stool and zyto tesing for that. He mentioned by correcting the meth. pathway and treating viruses, it will probably release metals. Keeping on Azithromycin for now, since it seems to keep bacteria at bay, she regresses off of it-

All reasonable dosing, slowly in steps, with a remedy for detox, and charcoal.

Feel good about that- back again in 6 weeks.

I got a copy of my Igenex, which I hadn't seen: multiple positive bands, on the lyme-y ones, and the bartonella testing came back at the highest range possible, a strong clear positive. I also did Zyto today , and Bartonella was the very first thing that came up for me that needs addressing.

I go back Friday for my own appt., in 2 days, to start. My first appt.

Funny bit:

LLMD said to me: So, you have anxiety?

Me: Uh, Yes!

LLMD: Okay, we treat the bartonella first.

Meanwhile, my husband is trying very hard to hold back a smirk, Dr. looks at him and said: Oh, and we make the husband happy! Very good, very good. (and they laugh big.)

Yeah, ha ha ha. Although I have had some doozy panic freak outs on poor husband as of late.

Holy Moly. Both of us herxing together. God help us.

Edited by S & S

Only in the sick little world of forums would it be appropriate to reply to the "I have Bartonella" comment with "Yeah!" - in that you can get treatment and it explains things for you. Very glad DD is starting slow and with a "fix the foundation" approach. That's great! I think we've done things backward in many ways and am a little jealous ;)

As for herxing together, think of it as training for when you're both PMSing at the same time in 10 years!

Wow --

I have been hesitant to test myself for fear of what I would find -- but with all these moms coming up positive, maybe I should. I know I had bartonella as a teen -- I tested positive for cat scratch fever (b. henselae), but neither my mother nor I remember if I was actually treated for it! No real symptoms myself, just low level anxiety.

Can you post what B vitamins you are using? We need to do the same for DS10, but I thought some b complex weren't good (too much folic acid, etc) and would love more info. Thanks. Also, can you post the detox protocol?

Many thanks.

Yep. I knew this already, when I clued into myself, with the symptoms, seeing my low CD57. (45)

We went to the LLMD today for my dd6 to start her treatment plan. I am happy how we are starting out- I guess I was expecting some crazy antibiotic regimen, not so- we are addressing her meth. pathway with specific B vitamins, as she has a defective gene that blocks this detox pathway, and her virual load is very high (from labcorp blood testing), we also had some Zyto testing today too (not from LLMD) which said viruses are the thing that need to be dealt with first, so script for Famvir, and also a parasite treatment, we have come up with stool and zyto tesing for that. He mentioned by correcting the meth. pathway and treating viruses, it will probably release metals. Keeping on Azithromycin for now, since it seems to keep bacteria at bay, she regresses off of it-

All reasonable dosing, slowly in steps, with a remedy for detox, and charcoal.

Feel good about that- back again in 6 weeks.

I got a copy of my Igenex, which I hadn't seen: multiple positive bands, on the lyme-y ones, and the bartonella testing came back at the highest range possible, a strong clear positive. I also did Zyto today , and Bartonella was the very first thing that came up for me that needs addressing.

I go back Friday for my own appt., in 2 days, to start. My first appt.

Funny bit:

LLMD said to me: So, you have anxiety?

Me: Uh, Yes!

LLMD: Okay, we treat the bartonella first.

Meanwhile, my husband is trying very hard to hold back a smirk, Dr. looks at him and said: Oh, and we make the husband happy! Very good, very good. (and they laugh big.)

Yeah, ha ha ha. Although I have had some doozy panic freak outs on poor husband as of late.

Holy Moly. Both of us herxing together. God help us.

Wow --

I have been hesitant to test myself for fear of what I would find -- but with all these moms coming up positive, maybe I should. I know I had bartonella as a teen -- I tested positive for cat scratch fever (b. henselae), but neither my mother nor I remember if I was actually treated for it! No real symptoms myself, just low level anxiety.

Can you post what B vitamins you are using? We need to do the same for DS10, but I thought some b complex weren't good (too much folic acid, etc) and would love more info. Thanks. Also, can you post the detox protocol?

Many thanks.

*Thanks everyone, I have had a range of emotions processing all this, weird to have a laugh about it yesterday.

Ifran, I am terrible at trying to explain this next bit. In fact, for sure it will be butchered.

When we went in for 1st appt. w/ this Dr., I had a stack of blood, urine, stool testing on my daughter that had been done all this past year.

One of the tests was a test for the Methylation pathway- she came up with 1 of the genes defective. Apparently, there are 2 genes, and if both are comprimised, it is pretty serious. And by pretty serious, you would know, often low functioning autism has both genes defective.

So this pathway has to do with the bodies ability to detox itself.

Our last Dr. skipped over this- this Dr. finds it very important- he gave us a complex diagram, and tried to explain it.

In her particular situation, given different tests as well, he is giving us a nasal B-12 spray (but not methyl B-12, she had a bad reaction to that in the past, this is a different form) Kirkman B-Complex with co-enzymes capsules 2x a day, and extra folic acid supplement, 5 mg.

We also have a new mineral supplement to be given 1x a day.

Pulling her off the multi vitamin I was giving, and pulling off vitamin C.

For detox, I am to wake her up after she has been asleep for 2-3 hours (she is early to bed) and give 1 charcoal capsule- as it binds to everything in the body, needs to be away from everything. See how this goes at 1 cap.

Antitox homeopathic gentle drainage 2 drops 2x a day, and epsom salt baths - we also have epsom salt cream.

HTH, but again, I think it is pretty specific to just her....

Edited by S & S

Sorry to say, but I enjoyed your post. You had me giggling when you shared about the doc and DH. Sounds so familiar.

I think I am in the same boat - lyme and bart. I tested positive for lyme, even by CDC criteria, but as I am reading more about bart, I am sure that it is (or was) my bigger problem. We have not tested for bart yet. LLMD feels at least 2, and probably all 3 of my boys have bart. Just got back a pile of labs on all 3 boys and found out my 4 year old has ASO almost at 700. PANDAS DS7 is still stuck in the 500s where he has been for 1.5 years and not budging one little bit. Geez. Since removing tonsils August 4th, and starting lyme protocol this summer his OCD is disappearing. Here is hoping for continued healing for all of us!

Keep us posted on your treatment and progress! I will have to consider my own treatment once the boys are healing. Right now I am focused on them and feeling better than I have felt in many years. Maybe my immune system finally got on top of things, but I always had this sense that IT (lyme, bart) is lurking, and not gone, even when I did not know what IT was. So I guess I am just putting off the inevitable. Not ready to stir the pot yet though.