ACN Latitudes Forums

Homeopathy

Guest pandas16

S and S, one more thing. Doesn't your daughter also have autism? It has been my observation that with children who's remedy was chosen based on the autism features, sometimes pandas gets worse (path to healing goes from mental to emotional to physical and then out the body). Pierre and Angelica take the approach of prescribing an "acute" remedy when pandas flares in that situation. Then when pandas is managed the child goes back on the constitutional remedy. For some reason with my boys this has not happened and we have been able to manage pandas mainly with their constitutional remedy (although when strep comes into the house, often times I have to dose it as much as every 20 minutes for a couple hours to nip it in the bud). I have to say that Angelica seems to have really gotten a "handle" on pandas since she started working with it in Jan. She has come a long way in the 6+ months I have been working with her on my boys' cases. She has many more tricks up her sleeves.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into seeing Angelica, here, but personally I would not trust my pandas boys to anyone else, maybe not even Pierre!

*Hey Steph, thank you :-)

Oddly enough, my daughter does not have autism. With what is going on in her body, you would think she would.

I did spend a few years wondering if it was indeed Aspergers. When I took her for evaluations, I was told no.

She does well in school, despite overwhelming anxiety. It is our home life that has greatly suffered, as she suffered.

We had no 'regression' after vaccines, I would say she has had her issues from birth.

And come to find out, I have Lyme and Bartonella, looks like I passed it on to her while pregnant/breastfeeding.

When we went through homeopathy, it was before we knew about pandas. I couldn't get a handle on what the heck was going on.

Thank you for your kind words, I'm a bit emotional as of late, it meant a lot. I don't think I would have ever figured out my own illness if I hadn't come here, and I came here after finally getting with a Dr. when we couldn't make homeopathy work- and yes, I am impatient, and quit after 2 months. I guess everything happens for a reason.

xxoo

Such an interesting topic.

The lingering thought I had after my latest post on this thread were, in some sense, it has to be unrealistic to think that homeopathy can just fix anything and return it to health. To an extreme, tied to a tree with killer bees swarming and people with bows and arrows approaching and shooting? At some point, you need to stop the emergency first, and classical homeopathy isn't going to be the first thing to do in that situation. On the other hand, what about infection related issues of PANDAS or lyme disease, a pretty significant infection these days, or HIV/AIDS, or cancer? It does appear the U.S. feds had some ex-nazi scientists working on the lyme bug off the coast of long island, trying to find a way to win the "war" over the russians, and that really could have changed the nature of the bug. A number of studies with mice show once infected with lyme bacteria, the mice do not eradicate it. It doesn't seem an easy thing to handle; of course, eradication is not necessarily required to be healthy.

If all those things Stephanie lists can antidote a remedy, I can certainly see/make the argument that my remedies did a little bit for me but at some point all the antidotes limited the progress, resulting in a situation where they had done all they could for me (given what else I was doing/taking). Indeed, very hard--where to find a vegan toothpaste that will effectively clean my teeth and not have mint in it?!

Probably at this point it would be wise for me to learn more about it so I am prepared to make a good decision on that at the time. Stephanie--Are there books you could recommend on the topic for me? I am particularly interested in discussion on how it might still work in the face of all the environmental issues going on (toxic chemicals, microwave radiation from wireless devices and towers) and a likely genetically engineered lyme infection. I still have a very depressed natural killer cells and vitamin D levels, and would also welcome discussion or perhaps case histories showing these issues being solved using classicial homeopathy rather than the variety of supplements (which admittedly have not worked for me to this point).

I am also concerned about the gut flora and restoring it, and have had plenty of antibiotics. As things were not restoring after stopping abx and using some antifungals and probiotics, my LLMD did recommend the fecal transplant from a healthy family member. It was the first I had heard of the idea, so it did feel crazy and out of left field, but does make some sense. Of course, I do not have any of those health family members in any event. Your thought about helping the body to regrow them is a nice one, and hopefully that can be accomplished. I am certainly struggling in that area and looking for a real answer to that issue.

I do think that getting to live symbiotically with the bugs is an important goal. We will be continually exposed to bugs everywhere, so a PANDAS style body is a problem, no matter how many bugs you can kill, and a lyme infection is a problem unless you can get a symbiotic relationship, because killing all the ones in your body is almost certainly not going to happen (and then to put forth a herculean effort to do that, only to get reinfected from any of a variety of insects or humans...). I think that is what attracted me to homeopathy the second time, and what in the end, will attract me back to it the third time at some point. I do see that as sort of an end game, but am more reluctant with all these other issues (killing bugs, building immune system levels, ...), and that is probably where I could use some reading or other education to see what it is really capable of in that respect.

I have not heard the link between homeopathy not working and mint. My son has just been using regular toothpaste while on his remedy. The doctor never mentioned this link to me. What kind of toothpaste do you use? Do you buy it from a health food store? Do all regular toothpastes--Aim, Crest, Colgate, etc.--have mint in them?

We use Theraneem Organix toothpaste which is cinnamon flavored and homeopathic friendly. Still seeing good results with PITANDS DD9 and homeopathy plus the GAPS diet.

God bless,

Holly

PS - Just had baby #6 a few days ago! He's doing well.

We use Theraneem Organix toothpaste which is cinnamon flavored and homeopathic friendly. Still seeing good results with PITANDS DD9 and homeopathy plus the GAPS diet.

God bless,

Holly

Congratulations, Holly! That's wonderful news! Hope you are doing well, too!

~Grace

God bless,

Holly

What a blessing! Congratulations! I miss those days (my youngest is 15). And thanks for the toothpaste information. I'll get some.

Such an interesting topic.

The lingering thought I had after my latest post on this thread were, in some sense, it has to be unrealistic to think that homeopathy can just fix anything and return it to health. To an extreme, tied to a tree with killer bees swarming and people with bows and arrows approaching and shooting? At some point, you need to stop the emergency first, and classical homeopathy isn't going to be the first thing to do in that situation. On the other hand, what about infection related issues of PANDAS or lyme disease, a pretty significant infection these days, or HIV/AIDS, or cancer? It does appear the U.S. feds had some ex-nazi scientists working on the lyme bug off the coast of long island, trying to find a way to win the "war" over the russians, and that really could have changed the nature of the bug. A number of studies with mice show once infected with lyme bacteria, the mice do not eradicate it. It doesn't seem an easy thing to handle; of course, eradication is not necessarily required to be healthy.

If all those things Stephanie lists can antidote a remedy, I can certainly see/make the argument that my remedies did a little bit for me but at some point all the antidotes limited the progress, resulting in a situation where they had done all they could for me (given what else I was doing/taking). Indeed, very hard--where to find a vegan toothpaste that will effectively clean my teeth and not have mint in it?!

Probably at this point it would be wise for me to learn more about it so I am prepared to make a good decision on that at the time. Stephanie--Are there books you could recommend on the topic for me? I am particularly interested in discussion on how it might still work in the face of all the environmental issues going on (toxic chemicals, microwave radiation from wireless devices and towers) and a likely genetically engineered lyme infection. I still have a very depressed natural killer cells and vitamin D levels, and would also welcome discussion or perhaps case histories showing these issues being solved using classicial homeopathy rather than the variety of supplements (which admittedly have not worked for me to this point).

I am also concerned about the gut flora and restoring it, and have had plenty of antibiotics. As things were not restoring after stopping abx and using some antifungals and probiotics, my LLMD did recommend the fecal transplant from a healthy family member. It was the first I had heard of the idea, so it did feel crazy and out of left field, but does make some sense. Of course, I do not have any of those health family members in any event. Your thought about helping the body to regrow them is a nice one, and hopefully that can be accomplished. I am certainly struggling in that area and looking for a real answer to that issue.

I do think that getting to live symbiotically with the bugs is an important goal. We will be continually exposed to bugs everywhere, so a PANDAS style body is a problem, no matter how many bugs you can kill, and a lyme infection is a problem unless you can get a symbiotic relationship, because killing all the ones in your body is almost certainly not going to happen (and then to put forth a herculean effort to do that, only to get reinfected from any of a variety of insects or humans...). I think that is what attracted me to homeopathy the second time, and what in the end, will attract me back to it the third time at some point. I do see that as sort of an end game, but am more reluctant with all these other issues (killing bugs, building immune system levels, ...), and that is probably where I could use some reading or other education to see what it is really capable of in that respect.

Michael, I'm not sure about specific books about homeopathy and the immune system, I read impossible cure by amy lansky and also "the science of homeopathy" by George Vitoulkas.

That's an interesting thought about the bioengineered lyme. I don't doubt that for a second, I wish I did...

As far as the natural killer cells and case studies, again I am just not that well-read on this (I thought I was until YOU came along - LOL - j/k). You may be able to find case studies online. I know there are many stories about lyme disease and classical hpathy, I just dont' know where to find the documentation.

I'm not sure what to make of the gut bug issue. I can say that we have turned yet another corner with Eli, who had the severest of severe gut issues (rages with klebsiella, etc.) and he is basically normalizing before my eyes. Like I said, I don't know if he will ever be able to go without his remedy, but then again, I would imagine part of that will depend on what type of life he chooses to lead in the end. If he abuses his body, like all of us, he will suffer the consequences and need his remedy again. I just wonder if his gut will ever go back to baseline, and if it doesn't I suppose he will always need SOME sort of probiotic, even if just some cultured milk or kefir, and maybe his remedy.

I have not heard the link between homeopathy not working and mint. My son has just been using regular toothpaste while on his remedy. The doctor never mentioned this link to me. What kind of toothpaste do you use? Do you buy it from a health food store? Do all regular toothpastes--Aim, Crest, Colgate, etc.--have mint in them?

Well, my homeopath says that she does not think that mint is a big factor. Unfortunatley, I went on to continue using it, to later find out it had menthol in it. That would explain the 2 month backslide I had over the summer... :/

I now use Nature's Gate Anise flavor, but if you REALLY want to be safe there is a toothpaste made by Boiron that is specifically formulated for people undergoing homeopathic treatment. It is sold in WF.

My children use Tom's of Maine, strawberry flavor.

And texascatholic, congrats, that is amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

I do wonder about treating people with classical homeopathy when their condition we are trying to treat has changed their makeup/personality so much, and I am talking here about things like anxiety and OCD and sensitivities/allergies. I have asked about this, and all they do is treat the patient as they are, but as these remedies are intended as permanent changes, it is an interesting question if that is really a good idea in some cases, as there is a real question as to what the true personality even is behind all of the illness.

In ds's case, the homeopath took a long time going over his history since birth, illnesses, personality, etc, etc, etc. So they do try to get a picture of the person "before PANDAS" so to speak. And, it may be that after a while, when his main and most severe symptoms go away, we may have to change remedies. But so far so good for us :) We are working with a wonderful homeopath who is not afraid to change course based on what she hears back from us.

I have one friend who's son had documented lyme (igenex lit up like christmas tree) and her son is fully recovered from autism/pandas with homeoapthy. There is a school of thought that believes that 90% of autism cases are lyme induced, and many who seek out homeopathy get some level of efficacy from it, so I have to believe that it works for lyme (in fact, it would take me all day to explain why, but I honestly think that lyme is one of the major reasons why homeopathy works so well, it allows the immune system to "rise up" in a way that can allow the body to overcome, or live symbiotically with, lyme).

I am pretty sure there is Lyme in our family... PANDAS DS13 had a positive test through Labcorp, my husband had it, my 7yo son just this summer...

Anyway, I think that is the beauty of homeopathy: that you don't need to go crazy trying to figure out what the specific infection is. You just strengthen up the person and let the body take care of whatever it is.

just want to put in my opinion about homeopathy why it works for some & not for others. I have tried it for myself for 2 yrs w/2 different classical homeopaths from my school where i studied w/o much success. In fact it made my symptoms worse and i had aggravation that last months at a time. I have also tried almost 10 remedies, one after another to antidote the previous trying to stop the aggravation, and have not found my exact remedy.

I have tried it on my son on several occassions using a combination remedy prescribed by 2 different NP and it made his symptoms worse.

Because i was intriqued by the philosophy of homeopathy and at one point thought that it would help my kids, myself or others, i decided to go to school to learn more and i was disappointed in my findings. It is very hard to find the exact remedy because we all have had past suppressions from using allopathic drugs, like steriod, antibiotic... or other alterative modalities such as acupuncture, TCM ... which can distort the disease picture. And when you are on a remedy, depend upon ones sensitivities, the remedy can easily be antidoted. It could be something simple like coffee, minty toothpaste, any strong scents .... or something strong like menthol, tea tree, antibiotic, chinese herbs .... These are all very common items that we come in contact with. I was so paranoid when i was on a remedy, always concern that i may antidote it by accident. And then, there is the aggravation. Although it doesn't happen to everyone, aggravation should be short & brief, but it is not always the case. If someone has a chronic illness that have changed over time, it is not always comfortable for the patient to reexperience it, esp the aggravation didn't go away quickly and stayed instead, like it happened to me. Who would want some painful illness returned?! Chronic institution remedy is powerful & goes deep, it can cause new symptoms to come up that you have not had in the past if your homeopath is not careful. Another problem in finding the correct remedy is that over time, our miasms have become complicated and often time it is hard to narrow it down.

I am not saying homeopath does not work. i just think that it is difficult to find the correct remedy due to our miasms and past suppressions. And it can be easily antidoted for some. With homeopathy, things or symptoms are not clear cut and it depends alot on your homeopath for interpretation.

IMO, homepathic medicine works well on acute situations because it does not go deep. It could be fast & effective. Also, it would work well in 3rd world countries where people don't have access to allopathic drugs and don't have a high chance of coming into contact with antidote things.