ACN Latitudes Forums

Agression and sleep?

we had her on 6mg of seroquel for sleep and agression but it made her sleep way too long in the morning. melatonin use to not get her tired, but now that she is on bactrim and minocycline, it works at putting her to sleep, but she does not stay asleep. what does everyone use for extreme insomnia for the little ones???

we had her on 6mg of seroquel for sleep and agression but it made her sleep way too long in the morning. melatonin use to not get her tired, but now that she is on bactrim and minocycline, it works at putting her to sleep, but she does not stay asleep. what does everyone use for extreme insomnia for the little ones???

The only drug in the class of drugs seroquel is in, that made sleep better and leaves our boy rested & ready to get up in the a.m. has been Geodon. Geodon helps with REM sleep. Risperdal screws up REM sleep. I am not sure what Seroquel does, but it wasn't a good fit with our son. Dawn

Hello WIlma

What about giving seroquel at a different time than dr recommended or give her less than dr prescribed and build her up to it?

As good of a dr he/she maybe but he does not know of every detail of your child so it is up to us to figure out details of how the medication is dispersed.

It is like throwing balls to a wall to see if you can hit the bulls eye with given balls.

Doctors are giving you the ball but it is up to you to target it at light spot and the right

Pathfinder

We have been using melatonin for my 8 year old for the past year. It has helped a great deal. Recently however, he is waking a lot in the middle of the night and getting dressed for the day at 2:00am.

In addition to melatonin, his LLMD recommeded: Relax Max, Amantilla and Babuna (order latter 2 from Nutramedix). He's been taking them for about 1 week and last night was the first night he slept through the majority of the night and did not have a meltdown over his clothes in the middle of the night.

Good Luck. I know the midnight waking can be really tough on the entire family. Andrea

i just don't think seroquel is for her. she was only on 6mg. and it made her less aggressive, but i could not stop her from staring at the ceiling. it was really weird. everytime she says something that she thinks is not very nice, she stares at the ceiling even without seroquel, but when on seroquel, she gets stuck looking up and can not even walk. ugh!!! right now she is just on the bactrim and minocycline. it is not making her aggressive like all other supplements and meds, but she is just stuck staring at computer. she is showering though. she has been on this for for about 3 months, and i see a little tiny bit of improvement, but it will probably take a really long time since she has been sick since birth. i just need to get her out of the house. the pdoc is trying something else for sleep. he said sometimes when they get good sleep, the ocd gets better. i am hopeful but so dang sad for this beautifule girl. she is either bouncing off of the walls or or stuck in her OCDish world.