ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone having success with Blt herbal tincture?

my son's LLMD has started him on a couple of herbal things, the first of which is called Blt "microbial balance #1" . I hear it's supposed to be very good for bartonella, which my son has. The taste is extremely bitter, and my son (11) has great resistance to taking it. Is anyone out there using it, and had either successful results, or found a way to mask the taste in food? It has such a strong taste that nothing i have tried has masked it so far...

thanks!

Anne

Hi Anne,

My son takes that for Bartonella too. I put it in about an ounce of orange juice and he does just fine. I started out putting it in more juice than that, then slowly reduced the amount of juice as he got used to it. Not sure how old your son is, but mine is 11. Now that he's doing better, when there's something he doesn't like the taste of, I can sometimes push him by reminding him how much better he's feeling and that we have to continue doing what the doctor says if he wants to get to 100%. I also sometimes make a joke of it by saying "No pain, no gain." Hope some or all of that is helpful - good luck!

• 1 year later...