ACN Latitudes Forums

Amazing GP

I just got home from an appointment with our family doctor to discuss our IGeneX results and treatment plan. He looked at the test results and went, "Oh yes, this is lyme". He supports our decision to see an LLMD in the U.S. (we're in canada). We went over the treatment plan for my kids and the high dose antibiotics that have me so worried. He reassured me those high levels are necessary to beat lyme, and that we will check liver function monthly and keep on the detox plan. He told me he practiced in New England, so he's dealt with lyme many times. He just reassured me about the whole thing, and is willing to work hand-in-hand with our LLMD, ordering labs and co-signing prescriptions, so we can get most things covered by our Ontario Health Plan. I can't even believe this! I don't remember driving home, I was so excited and overwhelmed (in a good way)!! Can you believe it?! And I was so nervous to drop the "lyme bomb". Wow. :D:D:D

That's it, I'm moving to Canada.

:-) So wonderful to get the help and support you deserve :-)

Don't move in a big hurry. We live in Ontario as well and our family Dr will not accept DD9's IgeneX results for IND Lyme and positive Bart, and neither will our pediatrician. I was told that seeing a LLMD is quite the same as taking the family inheritance and spending it on an alternative cure in Mexico. No one will even help us with requisitions for liver testing. The Canadian ELISA test came back negative (they didn't test for Bart), so that is the end of that, despite her whole host of symptoms, which have been chalked up to anxiety. We have to pay out of pocket for everything. Good earlier idea about the rewards VISA card - I must apply. The good thing is that our LLMD is 1.5 hours away.

Edited by rowingmom

Don't move in a big hurry. We live in Ontario as well and our family Dr will not accept DD9's IgeneX results for IND Lyme and positive Bart, and neither will our pediatrician. I was told that seeing a LLMD is quite the same as taking the family inheritance and spending it on an alternative cure in Mexico. No one will even help us with requisitions for liver testing. The Canadian ELISA test came back negative (they didn't test for Bart), so that is the end of that, despite her whole host of symptoms, which have been chalked up to anxiety. We have to pay out of pocket for everything. Good earlier idea about the rewards VISA card - I must apply. The good thing is that our LLMD is 1.5 hours away.

That was our same experience over the past 4 years. This really is a miracle. We finally got a family doctor in our area and he just happens to be that one in a million who is supportive and has experience with lyme. I'm amazed.

You have an LLMD only 1.5 hours away? Where?!

We are also paying out of pockt for everything. Upon a recommendation from someone else on this board, I have found that Costco has the best prices for meds. If you need azithromycin, for instance, it is about $400 at CVS drugstores and $120 at costco for a month's supply (at my DS10's dosage, at any rate).

Also, if you want liver function tests and no one will order them, you can try privatemdlabs.com and look for liver function profile. It costs around $50, but at least you can order them yourself! They have a lot of other tests, too -- I have never used them, but I am glad to know they are there!

That's it, I'm moving to Canada.

:-) So wonderful to get the help and support you deserve :-)

I just got home from an appointment with our family doctor to discuss our IGeneX results and treatment plan. He looked at the test results and went, "Oh yes, this is lyme". He supports our decision to see an LLMD in the U.S. (we're in canada). We went over the treatment plan for my kids and the high dose antibiotics that have me so worried. He reassured me those high levels are necessary to beat lyme, and that we will check liver function monthly and keep on the detox plan. He told me he practiced in New England, so he's dealt with lyme many times. He just reassured me about the whole thing, and is willing to work hand-in-hand with our LLMD, ordering labs and co-signing prescriptions, so we can get most things covered by our Ontario Health Plan. I can't even believe this! I don't remember driving home, I was so excited and overwhelmed (in a good way)!! Can you believe it?! And I was so nervous to drop the "lyme bomb". Wow. :D:D:D

Hello-

Just curious which which bands were positive via IGENEX? Andrea

Edited by Santi

Hello-

Just curious which which bands were positive via IGENEX? Andrea

For DS7

IgM:

18 +

31 ++++

41 IND

66 ++

83-93 ++

IgG:

18 +

34 IND

39 +

41 +++

My other 2 boys (non-PANDAS) and myself tested positive too. DH hasn't been tested yet.