ACN Latitudes Forums

Update

Hi, just wanted to give a little update for you guys because I've seen so many of you recently questioning where to go next with your kids and when things are going to get better, and I wanted to share whatever I could to remind you that is so, so, so a fight worth fighting.

Anyway, I just finished responding to an e-mail from one of my best friends from high school. She moved across the country after freshman year so we barely see each other, just e-mail a couple of times a month. Lots of times over the last couple of years I've felt kind of jealous about how much fun she's having and how much she's accomplishing at college. And I just got another e-mail from her full of a lot of awesome stuff she's done this summer. But I didn't feel jealous at all because I realized as I was typing my response, I had just as much good news to tell her about how my summer has been going. It was definitely a first.

Right now I'm at 11 months OCD free and looking forward to celebrating a year in September (as long as I don't come in contact with any nasty strep between now and then :( ). I'm not going to lie, I definitely have some residual health issues in the form of secondary dysautonomia (diagnosed by a PANDAS-knowledgable neurologist, not my regular PANDAS doctor; it's currently under control with some herbal medicine) and the mysterious GI problems I've had since the beginning of PANDAS that we're still trying to work out--but it's all so much more doable now.

On that note, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to try not be on the forum as frequently any more as I kind of feel like I don't need to think about PANDAS everyday. But, I know I've talked to a lot of you privately and I hope I've been helpful in sharing my experience so please feel free to message any time you have any questions! I'll make sure I set an e-mail alert on my inbox here.

I hope you all know how much of a support you've been to me over the last year and half!