ACN Latitudes Forums

Horrible sneezing tic

lele

My son is 9.5, had TS for 2 years. During the past 2 years, his tics are mild, but from last Sunday, he suddenly flares up with a borrible sneezing tic, 5 sneezes in a roll, with 2-3 seconds break then come back, non stop! Nothing could help to release this.

I would appreciate any information you can give me. Thank you.

Lele

could that be allergy induced? anythings comes out? If it is allergy induced that try quercetin.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for helping me. I don't know if this is allergy induced or not, but one thing I can tell, after he came back from a party where he ate some eggrolls and Asian food, he got his mild sneezing tic flare up, this is a non stop breath in the air through the nose, and 5 times/second, does quercetin can help? Anyhow, I will go buy it and give a try.

Lele

If it is allergy induced, have you ever tried Benadryl? My son's tics respond well to Benadryl, other people it makes them worse. That said quercetin is like the natural equivalent to Benadryl, but it takes longer to work (IMO).

My son does take quercetin, but we started with Benadryl to see if it helped, it did & so then we started giving him the natural supplement.

Just something to think about.

Good luck,

Lynn

If it is allergy induced, have you ever tried Benadryl? My son's tics respond well to Benadryl, other people it makes them worse. That said quercetin is like the natural equivalent to Benadryl, but it takes longer to work (IMO).

My son does take quercetin, but we started with Benadryl to see if it helped, it did & so then we started giving him the natural supplement.

Just something to think about.

Good luck,

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I didn't try tried Benadryl yet, want the natural treat first. My son is 9.5, 80lbs, how much quercetin do you think I should try with my son.

Start with the Benadryl is a good idea to see if this is allergy related.

Thanks for you rkindly help.

Lele

Asian food often has MSG in it and that is documented as being a big tic trigger!

Just as an aside, have you done the PANDAS checking? I only ask becuase of it being in the news related to "The Sneezing Girl" Lauren Johnson

http://pandasresourcenetwork.com/about-the-foundation/news-aamp-events.html

We did the strep culture, titer and some antibodies check, all of them turned to negtive, no where to go for further check.

I noticed one time when he ate eggroll, he has some sneezing tics, hopefully this is the reason and hopeflly this bad tic can go away soon.

Thanks for you help, Chemar.

lele,

i have written much about how my son has benefited from NAET, and now my daughter. If ur son is allergic or sensitive to MSG, NAET is a good option for desensitizing him from it. It is noninvasive and u don't have to take anything.

Pat

My DS has never had a positive strep culture or titers indicating strep. He has PANDAS. Positive cultures, etc... are not required for a PANDAS diagnosis, although it makes the diagnosis much easier. Approx, 30% of all PANDAS kids do not have positive cultures or titers.

Thanks God, my son's horrible tic getting much better, I will say thank you for all the friends in our forum.

Here is the list I did to help him fight the sneezing tics, I know I should do one each time, but, you know an over worried mom can't wait.

1)Magnisum bath

2)quercetin 250mg/day

3) foot massage

4) Chinese cupping( chinese suction cup), this is so easy, eveyone can do it at home, just use vacuum cup, not the one with fire.

if any one need the information, let me know.

Aagin, can't tell which one work better, but his sneezing tic gone for 90%.