ACN Latitudes Forums

Cow Collostrum?

Hi

I read this book about transfer factors it was very good and informative plus a great, easy to understand description of the immune system and the various aspects of innate and adaptive immunity.

We decided not to pursue transfer factors at the moment 'cos from reading about them they appeared to induce a T reg shift (T1/T2) which we probably want but do so through the adaptive system and we aren't ready to mess with that just yet.... but yes the idea is you innoculate cows with whatever, candida say or any bacteria/virus etc and then use the colostrum those cows produce to not only create a response against that antigen but also to help shift the immune response away from auotimmune promoting.. I hope my understanding was correct :-)

It was a good read. Certainly worth it if you're thinking of using transfer factors.

We tried bovine IgG for a short time. It isn't transfer factor - just a powdered source of IgG intended to boost the immune system. Not sure if this is what you're referring to. It's not cheap and you have to take it for quite some time. We never checked Ig levels to see if it made any difference. We had to add other supplements and with only so much money in the bank account, this wasn't one of the ones that stayed in our cabinet.

I have been using a little Kirkman Colostrum liquid-

Every morning upon awakening, I give my daughter some Lifeway milk kefir smoothie (no strep strain in it) tastes really good, but I mix in 1 tsp. of the Kirkman colostrum, and Custom probiotics (we use the 11 strain) mix it all up, she drinks it down.

There was an article and talk of giving colostrum with probiotics, it makes/helps the probiotics stick to the lining of the gut...we had a test recently, and we finally do have good probitoics lining the gut.

My daughter never showed any signs of reacting negatively to it.