ACN Latitudes Forums

6-month Classical Homeopathy update

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Has anyone else had experience with homeopathy?

stephanie2 - so glad to hear of your success!! thanks for taking the time for such in-depth update.

tpotter -- we use homeopathy also but in a different manner than stephanie describes. we use more of a 'sequential approach' that we use the substances to address the infections as you would use abx.

as with most things, there are different theories and different approaches. we have seen success with what we are doing.

ds7 had multiple infections and while we found the strep connection relatively early, we didn't for the others. he was more severely and longer affected before we started this path. he's seen good results. after 1 yr, 4 mths we're basically at a point of teasing out what are still subtle symtpoms vs. what are effects of 3 yrs of young development affected vs. what is 'him'. the big test for him comes in just a few weeks when he goes back to school -- yikes!!

when ds9 started symptoms, we knew what we were seeing, so he was treated earlier. he also had multiple infections but his symptoms were less severe and for shorter duration. . he's seen very good results -- back to normal baseline in about 6 mths -- probably would have been sooner but i had him on a probiotic that wasn't good for him specifically and was causing troubles.

Sorry to change the topic.. but I've been using helminthic therapy TSO which is considered a probiotic supplement. I had a HORRIBLE LONG AND TERRIBLE worsening for 5 months... now I feel great.. I'm starting to think I should have stuck it out on all the probiotics I felt bad on.

hmmm -- just to confirm i understand -- are you saying the 'herx-like reaction' you had to TSO - which you now believe was a 'worse before better' reaction which has now resulted in positive remission was similar to worse you felt on probiotics and you now think rather than a neg reaction to certain probiotic strains, you could have been also experiencing a 'worse before better' reaction to the probiotic back then that possibly could have gotten better if you'd stuck it out?

as usual, wishing for my crystal ball to see the future and how the past could have turned out with different actions!! i actually have a crystal ball my sister gave me -- maybe i should consult it!:P

Stephanie2, when you're all feeling better, just wondering how on earth do you get a small child to take 20 - 25 remedies (at the beginning)?? I tried the DAN protocol with my son, and we had to stop at 12 supplements (he couldn't swallow pills) and I was so stressed out everyday trying to get everything into him by crushing, opening capsules, drops etc etc to a skinny, picky eater with texture sensitivities!!!

Thank you smartyjones for your information. I certainly am looking at every possible option. Right now, we seem to be doing much better (after having done IV abx all summer,) but unfortunately, we couldn't knock out all the infections, because everytime we would try to add an abx (IV), he would have an allergic reaction (throat closing, difficulty breathing, etc.) So, we were only able to get the clindomycin IV into him, which certainly helped, but didn't knock it all out as we had hoped. Now we are doing oral clindomycin and taking herbs instead of other abx (had what was probably a massive herx reaction, which landed him in the ER with chest pain and difficulty breathing. I pulled him off everything for a week, then started him back on VERY slowly...so far so good. Plus we found a large amount of black mold in our house that we had removed last month, and just replaced a 25 year old a/c on Monday, and installed a hepa filter.) I will give this approach a few more months (I'm rather scared about the beginning of school, as we all are), but if it doesn't work, then I will certainly consider homeopathy next.

There's no doubt that PEX and IVIG helped, and that IV abx very much helped. Now we just have to play it step by step.

Stephanie, thank you for sharing this information. That's what I love about this forum...we're all in it to help each other!

I just finished reading "Out of the Fog." Wow. My concern about homeopathic treatment is this something that they have to take for the rest of their lives to be "well?" I am very intrigued, and would gladly take this route if it is what Ian needs eventually. But it sounds like Dan in this book is still taking the remedy even as an adult. That, in some ways, scares me that this is life long perhaps.

I just finished reading "Out of the Fog." Wow. My concern about homeopathic treatment is this something that they have to take for the rest of their lives to be "well?" I am very intrigued, and would gladly take this route if it is what Ian needs eventually. But it sounds like Dan in this book is still taking the remedy even as an adult. That, in some ways, scares me that this is life long perhaps.

Why would PANDAS not be life long?

I think it has been widely believed to be a pediatric illness. Is it? I don't know. Not sure anyone really knows. My question is more about homeopathic treatments, if they have to be given long term, as in life long, to control this type of thing. Or if they person can be treated, get back in balance and not require more treatment.

I think it has been widely believed to be a pediatric illness. Is it? I don't know. Not sure anyone really knows. My question is more about homeopathic treatments, if they have to be given long term, as in life long, to control this type of thing. Or if they person can be treated, get back in balance and not require more treatment.

there are others here more qualified and informed than i to answer, but my understanding has always been that the pediatric refers to pediatric onset.

generally, homeopathy is very much about balance -- pretty much the perfect word for it. but as far as life long treatment - i see it as it is a life long challange to keep the body in balance - really for everyone, whether they experience symptoms or not. i had experience and success with homeopathy before pandas, both for myself and my boys -- more things like colds, sinus infection. when we first consulted our current dr, that was one of the things i was most interested in is that they work with the goal being to use remedies to encourage the body to balance itself so that it will be in a state of health to not need the remedy. but you may need to go back to those remedies or others at various times, just as you may take cough medicine or abx for whatever challenge your body encounters. but for us, there is a definite goal of balancing the body and getting off the remedies.

our dr works with a type of energetic testing. in the beginning, you see him every 8 weeks. as you get healthier, you wean that off. i think even when he gives ds7 an all okay, i'll have him go back at 3mth intervals and likely 6 mth check ups. i still feel we'll probably have to always keep a close eye on him.

The author is on FB if you want to friend her, she can let you know how he is now. He is still taking his remedy as needed, I think he recently had strep and overcame it with his remedy.

The way our homeopath put it is this...something made these kids "fall off the cliff" (in my opinion, genetics plus environmental toxins). She said that just because we fix the problem now doesn't mean they can't fall off the cliff again in the future. We are all born with susceptibilities to disease. The remedy lowers your level of susceptibility significantly, but it does not make us immortal, we still have to care for ourselves, expecially in this toxic world we now live in. In my opinion, in order to stay healthy one needs to clean up the water we drink, the food we eat (eat whole, raw foods, etc.), the products we use, the people we spend time with, the stressful lifestyles we lead, etc. If we do all that we lower our susceptibility, but who does all that 100%? That's where homeopathy comes in, cleaning up the messes we make of our health.

With that said, some kids will not need the remedy after their bodies are healed. But here's the thing. Once you've experienced ultimate health, you don't ever want to experience anything less, so I tend to think that most people will go back to their constitutional remedy even if they do not have major chronic illness. A little depression and fatigue is all I need to want another "hit" of my remedy (of course it can be overdone, which is why it is good to keep a homeopath in your backpocket). I guess what I am describing here is hard for anyone to understand if you have never experienced homeopathy.

I've had some success with my PITAND DD9 lately. Working with classical homeopath Joette Calabrese. We are off of

all antibiotics and our only supplements are BioKult probiotics, fermented CLO, EFAs, and the homeopathic preparations

that she's been prescribed. Also doing the GAPS diet. Our home is a much more peaceful place. :-)

God bless,

Holly