ACN Latitudes Forums

LymeMD blog piece

SSS

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2011/07/everything-you-thought-you-knew-about.html

Basically, this Dr. (I have no idea who he is, but he sounds fantastic, after reading his blog), weighs in on his thoughts/finding on Eva Sapi's recent research on treating lyme----

Personal note: As I wait upon our Igenex testing (back this week) and am beyond trying to deal with my shock, anticipation, dread, can't sleep, trouble functioning, lyme obsessed, I have lyme, she has lyme, please God no lyme,

I am thinking back to 01/11, when we put dd6 on daily Azithromycin for the first time in her life- had AMAZING wows with it- until week 5- bam! huge regression. (now I am wondering, cycle?) we switched her to Amoxicillian SR (talks about Amox. in this link) had her on it for 3 days only- she had a horrible reaction- stopped eating, flairing, ect. The 3rd night at dinner time, she slid to the floor and curled up in a ball. I took her off of it.

I was thinking it was too hard on her stomach.

Anyway, link is some food for thought.

We use Bactrim, Azith, Augmentin XR, and add in Tindamax on weekends. Just to share, our doc told us how he and his MD friend thought the way Tindamax ended up getting black label warning was ridiculous. Apparently the mice were put on 400 times the normal dose (or some way out over the edge amount). And, the article was published. So, he got the same mice and used 400 times the normal amount of penicillan and other antibiotics and got the same result they did with the Tindamax. He did not choose to publish the article but shared it with me.....and I'm sure all the patients that go on it.

At some point, we all have to choose whether risk outweighs the quality of life present without using various meds. For me, I'm choosing the best life I can give my kids for the time they are alive!! These meds are giving my children back their life - for now!