ACN Latitudes Forums

Antibiotic Regime

Hi,

I'm still new here but curious to your thoughts about the following dosages for a recently diagnosed case of Lyme. Not sure how long I have had it. I dont remember being bit. My Igenex was positive and had I had a positive vs IND on one band the CDC would have been positive to. I am taking:

1000 mg Flagyl

500 mg Azithromycin

400 mg Doxy

possible omnicef in the near future. I am pretty miserable. I was feeling much better on Doxy alone. Anyone have experience with this or a similar combination? and any tips to keep them down?

Hi,

I'm still new here but curious to your thoughts about the following dosages for a recently diagnosed case of Lyme. Not sure how long I have had it. I dont remember being bit. My Igenex was positive and had I had a positive vs IND on one band the CDC would have been positive to. I am taking:

1000 mg Flagyl

500 mg Azithromycin

400 mg Doxy

possible omnicef in the near future. I am pretty miserable. I was feeling much better on Doxy alone. Anyone have experience with this or a similar combination? and any tips to keep them down?

Are you separating the doses? Are you taking the doxy with food?

Hi,

I am separating the doses. I have learned how to navigate the doxy, the azithromycin seems to be alright. I forgot I am also taking diflucan twice a day. The flagyl is giving me the most trouble. Besides the severe stomach upset, I dont like the cloudy emotional feeling I get on it. I guess I just want to know that this sort of combination falls within "normal" for treating Lyme. We are doing monthly liver checks...

thanks,

Each LLMD does things a little differently but I'd say that's a good combination to start from what I've learned. It's sort of half of what my dd's is on and half of what I am on.

I am on 200mg of Doxy twice per day. 300mg of Rifampin (for Bart) twice per day, and 500mg Flagyl twice a day one day a week.

Flagyl kicks my ######. I am supposed to work up to 2 consecutive days a week, but I'm still at one for now. I see my LLMD on WEd. and I might try after that since I'm herxing less now.

Initially, I took the Flagyl and just had a half day of fatigue. With each week that I took it, things got worse for a while, with severe nausea, fatigue and nerve pain that would last all week almost untill the next dose. Now, its much better. The last time I just had a day of nausea and fatigue. Almost no extra nerve pain. I've not heard much about nausea as a herx, but I'm convinced that is what is happening to me. It is listed on drjoneskids.com as a herx symptom.

If you can't handle all three drugs yet, you can start with the ones you can handle and slowly work in the other drug. That is what my LLMD had me do to begin with. I started one, if I could handle it, I added another, when I was okay with that, I added another. When I couldn't handle two days of Flagyl, she had me back down to one. One week I could only take one of the pills and not even two, but now I can handle two as long as I have no plans on the following day and can sleep all day. I'll probably only add one pill at a time when I try to get up to two days.

Hi,

1000 mg Flagyl

500 mg Azithromycin

400 mg Doxy

Hi Wesimkins, Our family had trouble tolerating the Flagyl (gut issues) and our LLMD switched us over to Tindamax. It does the same thing as Flagyl but our family seems to tolerate it better. Good Luck! Overall, it looks like you are on a good, comprehensive protocol.

Thanks all! Makes me feel a bit better. I think the Flagyl is 1000mg/ daily for 2 weeks and off for 2 weeks, but that may be for the Azithromycin, I need to check :-) I'm glad you think its a good start, and yes the Flagyl has me down more than I care for, mostly just fatigue and nausea. Glad to know its doing something! I will check into the other if its getting too hard to handle.