ACN Latitudes Forums

Chronic Ear Infections as a child

Guest pandas16

Did your children often experience chronic ear infections from a young age?

Yes ! He had ear tubes at 3yrs old

None of us have yet been formally dxd with Lyme, but I have one positive specific band IgM 23 I think that was pos. Anyhow, all of us have had a few EIs here and there, but my baby had tubes in at 1 year and had constant infectin from about 6 months until then.

One of my boys had chronic ear infections from the time I weaned him at 1 year, until he was 2 years old and got tubes. He had 2 more ear infections after having the tubes in. At that point we eliminated casein from his diet and he never had another ear infection after that. His "asthma" also went away the 3rd day on the dairy-free diet. After 2 years we gradually re-introduced dairy and he is fine with it now. He's IgG positive for lyme.

Aidan (8) had ear infections starting at 6 months - about every 3 weeks. He would go on antibiotics and he would be better - then after going off it would come right back until he got tubes at 10 months. When those tubes fell out the next year we started the cycle again until he got tubes again 20 months. Those tubes stayed in a long time so we only had a couuple of them after that. (Then it was strep several times when he was 3 until he had his tonsils out.)