ACN Latitudes Forums

200 mg Azithromycin

Hi -

Just looking for some opinions based on anyone's experience. My DS10 (78lbs) has been perscribed 200 mg (liquid) Azithromycin. He takes it once a day and he has had 4 doses. I assume it is too early to tell... there doesn't seem to be much of a change. Maybe a slight improvment in phobia (insects/spiders). He seems more tired then usual and is still VERY moody, tics OFTEN(verbal & motor). He also takes clonidin for the tics (2 1/2 .1mg pills each day).

Do you think he is getting enough Azith and when should I see an improvement? His doctor is his ped and will only let him stay on it for 14 days (maybe 21 if I push). In the meantime, a found a psychiatrist who says he will treat DS for PANDAS if the ped isn't going to continue. The psychiatrist gave me a perscription for Buspirone 10 mg (for anxiety & maybe will help with tics) which I haven't started yet because I wanted to see what the antibiotic would do first. Has anyone used Buspirone? He also wants me to increase the clonidin by 1/2 pill (also haven't done yet).

On another note, we have a lot of "issues" in the car. My kid both have tics, ocd... and they make each other tic. Then they fight and it gets pretty ugly. Even if they are w/o their sib in the car my DS10 tics a lot more in the car (not sure why). Any suggestions (besides walking)? :) We are taking a cruise out of Batimore in August and have to drive 4+ hours to get there. Uggghhh! Plan on taking videos, video games, ear plugs (for me and them), head phones.... anything else??

Thank you in advance for any help! Ngold24