ACN Latitudes Forums

POST-INFECTIOUS SYNDROMES AFFECTING COGNITION.

Symposium on the Neurological Aftermath of Post-Infection. ~

http://medicine.tamhsc.edu/research/centers/ccdd/upcoming-events.html

I say this tentatively because I have yet to totally clear it but our house is open to anyone wishing to attend but not wanting to shell out the money for a hotel. Not to mention, I'd be pretty surprised if the two towns this website mentions even have hotels, hahah. We are about two hours away from Temple & three hours away from Round Rock, but if we were to rent a fifteen passenger van & split the gas it would more than likely still be cheaper than having to get a hotel, eat out at restaurants & all that.

Symposium on the Neurological Aftermath of Post-Infection. ~

I say this tentatively because I have yet to totally clear it but our house is open to anyone wishing to attend but not wanting to shell out the money for a hotel. Not to mention, I'd be pretty surprised if the two towns this website mentions even have hotels, hahah. We are about two hours away from Temple & three hours away from Round Rock, but if we were to rent a fifteen passenger van & split the gas it would more than likely still be cheaper than having to get a hotel, eat out at restaurants & all that.

Wow...this is great, Emerson. Thank you for the invite, but I will probably just go straight there. I noticed they don't have details listed yet, and I have asked them to keep me informed as details come up. If you hear anything, please let me know. I don't know if I'll go to Temple or Round Rock...really depends on differences in airfare, but I do highly suspect I will attend (I can use it for continuing education credit, as well.)

I got a job with a embassy where I teach 12 hours a week in Paris for 2 years. I'm also writing a children's book that I'm dedicating to all children who suffer from PANDAS. My bf is also French :wub:

OMG...that is fantastic! Good luck with it all. That sounds like a dream job. Keep us all informed (the beauty of the web!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They've posted the conference brochure and registration link, for anyone who's interested!

Day 1 will focus on adults, and day 2 will focus on children.

I called Texas A&M to clarify who can attend, and after finally finding the right person, confirmed that parents can attend. They are limiting the spaces for parents because of the space limitations of the site for day 2, so if you're interested, register soon. The website says "parent advocates" are welcome to attend, but the woman I spoke to said you do not need to be an official advocate affiliated with a non-profit (all parents are advocates!).

PM me if you'd like my contact's name and phone number.