ACN Latitudes Forums

hop/skip tic

Gina

Hi All,

Glad to see the forum up and running again. I dont post much but I try to read a couple of times each week here. I have a few issues I could use some advice on.

Well my son who is in the 5th grade this year has had a tough year so far with his ticcing. I think it might have a little to do with his age and hormones but its been really crazy. He has now started a tic which is kind of like a hop and skipping. I know that dosen't sound to bad but when your a 10 1/2 year old boy its not to cool to be skipping around the playground..... he also has a head/neck tic but that one has always been around and it comes and goes, he has had a smelling tic (he smells everything he picks-up) for a while but this one seems to be getting better. Any advice would be appreciated.

And to top everything off my daughter who has shown no signs of TS has now started ticcing. She is in the 3rd grade and has no other issues but a tic where she is swallowing a lot and making a hum sound as she swallows. She has no clue it's happening except when she swallows so much it makes the back of her throat soar. I have gotten past the devestation part of having another "ticcer" in the family but I am starting from square one with her and would love to know if anyone has had an luck with certain supplements for this type of a tic.

Thanks for listening

Gina

Hi Gina-

I have no advice for you, but I have found some sort of comfort in reading that I am not alone this very second, if that makes any sense. I hope this period passes quickly for your son. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot more time on these boards.

(((Gina)))

I firmly believe that it is the combination of the supplements that do the best job, rather than just a specific supp

and of course, being careful about the artificial foodstuffs and other recognised tic triggers.

I cant remember exactly what supps you give, so dont really know what to suggest you should add.

i bumped up my "treatments" thread so maybe you can take a look again at what we used in case there is something there that may be helpful for your children

My son didnt have the hop skip, but he did go thru a twirling tic which was a tuff one too for a guy in 4th grade :P

again, I can only encourage you to remember that for the vast majority, things do get better once they are in their post pubertal years, and in the meantime, all you can do is to try to keep their diets as pure and healthy as possible, add the supps they need and avoid triggers wherever possible.

deep breath now, Gina....although it IS hard, we have so much to be thankful for as TS, although it brings many challenges, is not a terminal illness, and many people (my son included) find great success and happiness .

dont ever lose hope..........remember to see that light at the end of the tunnel!

:)

Hi Gina,

I haven't been on for months and I feel a bit guilty, so you may not know my story, but let me give you major hope.

With the help of the fantastic people and advice on this site, our family has been able to overcome 99% of the tics. Without this site I would have been on some sort of antidepressant and my kids would not have had a very good quality of life.

I had three boys who ticced. One the 8yr old was so bad with the vocal tics I had to take him out of school and homeschool for a year.

The oldest who is now 10yrs also had OCD (absolutely no sign of this now) and if you could imagine all the tics that kids can have, this child would do them all over the course of a week. They affected every part of his body and his vocal cords.

My 6yr old used to lift his leg up and rotate it 100 times a day as if he had a wedgy!

It took me ages to realise it was a tic. He would even do it when he was running and trip himself up.

Through a lot of trial, error and tears it is my belief that the symptoms were simply an overload of toxins and their immune systems inability to handle anymore stress that caused the tics.

We modified the diet to strictly NO artificial colors, flavors and preservatives, we only ate organic and

bio-dynamic and we also included some natural colors and flavours in this. Never trust the labels on the packets of food, we had to read everything and sometimes even ring the manufactures to clarify in writing.

But little bit by little bit we noticed a difference in our children, we also added a lot of vitamins, minerals and antioxidents and had blood tests which confirmed high levels of aluminum in their blood.

This was due to my cooking in aluminum pots. Oh the guilt. Although I can't prove it, I am sure the vaccinations I let them have, especially the pertussis had a major effect for the worse on their immune system.

Today 18 months after we started our own research the only time my boys show signs of tics are when they have eaten something artificial from another kid at school and I can tell as soon as they walk in the door, just by their moods.

One other thing that changed immensely, we invested in an LCD TV. Previously if the boys played on the computer or watched tv they would do non stop ticcing. With the LCD we hooked up the computer, they can stay on for hours.

Sometimes they will tic if they are coming down with something, but once agian I feel this is an immune respose issue.

Sorry about the long post, don't hesitate to ask me anything. Otherwise you can look up my posts from about a year ago.

Love, healing and hope.

Clare

:P

Thanks everyone for your replys. Sometimes its nice to hear a reminder that it really isn't the end of the world. Even though at times it does feel that way. I think things have been a bit laid back with our food restrictions and also I think this past week with Halloween the candy has been everywhere even though its not in our home. Unfortunatly at 10 yrs old I need to allow him a bit of space to make his own choices instead of me doing it for him, even if that means watching him fall on his face (or skip around the playground) Maybe this is what he needed to get that reality check..... Oh how I wish we could put them in that big plastic bubble and protect them forever.

I guess I will get strict on the food again and make some changes to his Vitamins. I still have had no luck in finding a Alternative MD. Unfortunatly there are many here that are not an MD which I personally would prefer and also my insurance would possible cover some of the costs. If anyone knows of any Dr's in or near Fremont, California I would love to know. I know that there was a post here (I think from Claire) that was about testing that could be done that didn't need a Dr. authorization. If anyone can bump it up for me that would be great.

Thanks again,

Gina