ACN Latitudes Forums

5 Year Old Natural Approach NEED HELP Please

My son is 5 years old and I have been giving him regular multi vitamins and natural calm but his tics are at their worse ever. I am trying to read and investigate and look into the best natural approach but the more I read the more confused I am. We have gone all organic, eliminted dyes, he has food allergies which we eliminate, soy and fish. I guess my question is does anyone have any luck out there with natural vitamins and if so which brands? There are so many out there and I just don't know which is best for kids with bad tics. I know we need magnesium, zinc, folic acid, vitamin bs, I have heard about grapeseed and ; carnitine, but I dont understand...I feel so overwhelmed and lost.

If anyone has some advice of exactly what to buy, which brands, where from, for kids, I would appreciate it!!!

Hi

if he is not responding to all that, I would strongly suggest you investigate an infection connection (PANDAS/PITAND or Lyme) as well as some of the other potential triggers that have been suggested....

if the regular multi you give has added coloring and flavoring...that in itself is a bad trigger for tics!

sorry such a quick post but all the time I have right now

hopefully others will soon give their suggestions too

Hi

if he is not responding to all that, I would strongly suggest you investigate an infection connection (PANDAS/PITAND or Lyme) as well as some of the other potential triggers that have been suggested....

if the regular multi you give has added coloring and flavoring...that in itself is a bad trigger for tics!

sorry such a quick post but all the time I have right now

hopefully others will soon give their suggestions too

Thanks so much!

Hi

One thing we have tried, which I believe has helped, has been to greatly reduce my son's exposure to salicylates, which are naturally occurring chemicals found in fruits and vegetables. There is alot of info on the net about it, but essentially he only eats pears, golden delicious apples, and sometimes bananas and mangoes. As for vegetables, he eats potatoes, and iceberg lettuce, with small amounts of others thrown in sometimes. It seems difficult at first, but we have gotten used to it. It can take a while for the body to rid itself of salicylates, approx 6 weeks I have read. This, together with the removal of artifical additives in his diet, has, I believe, really helped our son's tics to be 90% improved. Worth a try, at any rate!

All the best,

Karen

Edited by Joshua's mum

My son had many facial tics and though a very small mouth stretching has returned we had success in Kirkman Spectrum Complete (unflavored) removing gluten/dairy, and many dyes and non organics. Getting enough sleep is also a big issue with him. I dont know which of the things we changed had the greatest effect however I would try the Spectrum Complete and maybe even some dietary changes as well.

Good luck, I am so thankful his tics arent bad now, they are so scary for me to watch.