ACN Latitudes Forums

Lab results came back

ASO was 7 Reference Range is <150IU/ml

EBV No EBV antibody detected

DNASE B Antibody <50 Reference Range <187 U/ml

Now here's one I'm not sure what to do with, HHV-6:

IgG 2 years ago was 1:320 Reference Range was <1:80

IgG this year is 1:160 Reference Range is <1:10

HOW DO THESE HHV6 TITERS COMPARE, AS THE REFERENCE RANGE IS DIFFERENT?

HAS IT INCREASED OR DECREASED?

DO WE NEED TO TREAT IT?

IgM was <1:40 last time, <1:20 this time ON HHV6.

How do the numbers look to you?

I'm not sure about the HHV6, sorry. I just wanted to mention something about the strep antigen titers; some children with pandas have a hyper-immune system and some have a hypo-immune response. Ironically, either can show immune deficiencies. Not sure about the science behind that, but my girls have run very high titers in the past, yet were low Total and sub-class specific IgG and IgA, so IVIG has really helped her a lot.

Has your DS had an immune panel work-up?

I'm not sure about the HHV6, sorry. I just wanted to mention something about the strep antigen titers; some children with pandas have a hyper-immune system and some have a hypo-immune response. Ironically, either can show immune deficiencies. Not sure about the science behind that, but my girls have run very high titers in the past, yet were low Total and sub-class specific IgG and IgA, so IVIG has really helped her a lot.

Has your DS had an immune panel work-up?

No, he has had EBV, CMP, CBC, HHV6, ASO and AntiDNAse B...

what did we miss, and, do we need another blood draw for it?

An immunologist may look at total IgG, IgA, Ig subclasses, C3D complexes, celiacs and more. If you were to ever consider Ivig, your boy would get "passive immunity" for some of the viruses he has yet been exposed to such as EBV and some hepatitis, so he would no longer be IgG negative for those viruses.

These tests reflect more the health of his immune system rather than specific viruses he has been exposed to in the past.

• 1 month later...

An immunologist may look at total IgG, IgA, Ig subclasses, C3D complexes, celiacs and more. If you were to ever consider Ivig, your boy would get "passive immunity" for some of the viruses he has yet been exposed to such as EBV and some hepatitis, so he would no longer be IgG negative for those viruses.

These tests reflect more the health of his immune system rather than specific viruses he has been exposed to in the past.

What are the specific names of all of those tests you're talking about?

Do you have an example you could email me?

Dave