ACN Latitudes Forums

IVIG early on - thoughts?

I agree with getting him tested for Lyme and other chronic infections, whether you get into the study or not. Igenex lab is the best way to go, as they look at antibodies to specific Borrelia outer surface proteins that the CDC tests don't look for. You'll want to have an LLMD (Lyme-literate MD) read the tests and evaluate your son, because the diagnosis is, in the end, clinical just like PANDAS. Many oldtimers on the PANDAS forum have found Lyme and are now treating with good success, including us.

Here's a good article on Lyme - make sure you read the section on children and Lyme:

http://naturalnutmeg.com/?p=1000

Any word on the study yet? Hope he's accepted! I don't think IVIG can hurt necessarily - our son had two HD IVIGs. It's just that in hindsight, I wish we had looked at everything and worked on treating the infections before resorting to a blood product.

No word, yet. I don't think its Lymes solely because he came down with this during the COLD winter months. It started in March when temps were still in the teens. The previous 5 months had seen temperatures up to 40 below. I wouldn't think he could of been bitten by a tic when the only times he went out, he was covered head to toe in snow gear.

I have been on edge about hearing back from them since yesterday morning. Why do they torture us like this? It was decided yesterday whether or not he was accepted....