ACN Latitudes Forums

We did great on Delsym and True Calm, to lower my son's glutamate but he developed side effects to Delsym so we switch it for L-theanine an amino acid in Green Tea that increased GABA (BUT as my son suddenly worsened, I found it elevated Dopamine, which is already too high in our PANDAS kids.) I'm going to go back to Delsym for one day to get him back to being good feeling and try to just raise the True cAlm and see if he can tolerate one dose of Delsym a day plus add Magnesium and Vitamin K, and find a doctor who'll prescribe Namenda...................Booo

Nancy

I also had to hold the L-theanine-

I did a trial of Lutimax, made my dd6 crazy hyper, so added L-theanine chewable tablets, seemed to calm her down at first, then uptick on verbal madness. Dopamine, yes.

I ended up throwing out the Lutimax and L-theanine.

I also had to hold the L-theanine-

I did a trial of Lutimax, made my dd6 crazy hyper, so added L-theanine chewable tablets, seemed to calm her down at first, then uptick on verbal madness. Dopamine, yes.

I ended up throwing out the Lutimax and L-theanine.

Us too. My 13 year old with autism/PANDAS reacted terribly to Theanine. After much reading, I finally came across the dopamine connection as well. So frustrating that so many supposed "calming" supplements drive Nick crazy. Theanine is a definite no-no for us.

Sylvia