ACN Latitudes Forums

Results from tonsils culture

Haven't spoken with the ENT yet but I received my copy from the Hospital of the culture. Her tonsils came back positive with the following:

1. Pseudomonas Aeruginosa (she had this in her bladder several years ago. Required IV abx)

2. Alpha Hemolytic Streptococcus (Oh yea!)

3. Capnocytophaga Species

4. Prevotella Species

5. Many WBC's (also known as Eosinophils which attack parasites)

6. Moderate gram positive cocci

7. Multiple deep crypts filled with amorphous debris and one tonsil being "inked" (anyone know what that means?)

Put a call into the ENT since we aren't supposed to see him until next week regarding the Pseudomonas. I hope they start her on IV abx since this is the second known infection with this nasty bug. Interestingly enough last time she had this around age 3 was the first time she had raging attacks. This was years before PANDAS.

So I'm thinking we are very fortunate that we decided to go ahead with the surgery.

Edited by ShaesMom

Wow! Sorry to hear poor little gal is suffering with so many infections! I hope they can get it cleared up ASAP! I was just reading about #s 3 and 4--those are nasty critters that can really cause probolems in immunodeficieny people...I guess the others all can too.