ACN Latitudes Forums

Digging for dirt on doctors

Oh, that makes sense, as the Tribune and the Times are owned by the same company. For some reason the Tribune article didn't come through on my Google alert. As for the Times, I've been following their health "coverage" for years, and something stinks over there. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of those offices and know what's really driving their insanely biased coverage of autism, vaccines, and now Lyme.

Hoping they haven't caused too much damage this time...

Oh, that makes sense, as the Tribune and the Times are owned by the same company. For some reason the Tribune article didn't come through on my Google alert. As for the Times, I've been following their health "coverage" for years, and something stinks over there. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of those offices and know what's really driving their insanely biased coverage of autism, vaccines, and now Lyme.

Hoping they haven't caused too much damage this time...

In this day when you sneeze and the next morning the whole world knows the color of Kleenex you used to wipe your nose, I am figuring that the Des Moines Register (THE paper in Iowa) will have wind of it by next week. They just did a front page story about the increase in Lyme disease in Iowa. Oh, wouldn't this make for a juicy follow-up story! NOT. Dawn

Please tell me the Tribune & Times is NOT owned by Gannett.

Edited by Iowadawn

We have so much bad Lyme press in Texas I don't think people would look twice if it were to ever get published here. Cos of course, it's impossible to get Lyme in one of the most tick-infested states in the country... Anyway, I really like The "one study" where one quarter of the patients supposedly suffered reactions that, with the exception of th gallbladder (& on that note... Take my gallbladder, see if I care), sound like symptoms! Real specific & sound piece of journalism with no sources or even a name for the mentioned study.

Also, nice to know that our plight makes for good news to those who know nothing about us or our struggles. Lazy "writers" must find it much easier to kick back & creep around on here than to, ya know, do some actual research?! So hello New York Times, The Sun, & Star Telegram! I am not your story. :)