ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone Tried Moxxor for their PANDAS kiddo?

Hi - we decided to see a DAN! Dr who also treats Pandas kids. He diagnosed her as PANDAs, while her regular ped still skeptical strep caused her OCD. DAN! Dr recommended to put DD-9 on 500mg Zithromax for 2-months (vs. her regular ped who wanted her on the prophylactic 250 mg PENK) to reduce her OCD symptoms by 80%. Also recommended DD to take Moxxor (which contains polyunsaturated fatty acceds extracted from New Zealand Greenlip Mussel. OMEGA 3 potency at 79.00 is higher than Fish Oil (0.50), Salmon Oil (0.32), and Flax Oil (0.20). Moxxor Mussel Oil has anti inflammatory value that is higher than fish oil, salmon oil, flax oil. (google "moxxor")

Sounds great, right? I tried it on myself first before giving to DD and I got kinda loopy (melatonin did that to me) and my finger tips got tingly...but then it might be different for DD's PANDAs condition. So, I was wondering if anyone out there with PANDAs kiddo tried this yet? DAN Dr! recommends it for kids with Autism and ADHD but since it's like brain food, it's good for PANDAs kids too...

Yes; we met with Dr Thomas Lin for first time, based on recommendations by parents in this forum. We like him; very helpful. Right away thought the 250mg PenVK was too low; switched it up as he recognized that basal ganglia most likely still under attack due to high ASO. We are just starting our journey with him and are optimistic we have someone who understands PANDAs.

Best to you, Sheila

Hi,

I just wanted to add that we were patients of Dr. Lin and I as well purchased the MOXXOR. I did not find a difference with it and it is very expensive. Googgle it and you can do a compare & contrast. Also, It is a multi level business and I didn't like the fact that when you purchase, Dr. Lin receives a cut of it. I think there could be some biasedness(monetary reward) when reccomending it.

Thanks1

Hi,

I just wanted to add that we were patients of Dr. Lin and I as well purchased the MOXXOR. I did not find a difference with it and it is very expensive. Googgle it and you can do a compare & contrast. Also, It is a multi level business and I didn't like the fact that when you purchase, Dr. Lin receives a cut of it. I think there could be some biasedness(monetary reward) when reccomending it.

Thanks1

unfortunately, I think that may be the case with the ivig also.

The probiotic he recommended us to use is Klaire Labs Ther-biotic Complete with 25+ billion CFUs 2x/day. I asked him if I can use another probiotic, since I was concerned it had the strep therm in it and I know some Pandas kids should not have the ones with strep therm, based on Forum info. He said this one is the only one he recommends for his patients as it is one he is most comfortable with and the strep therm in it is totally different / unrelated to the strep we are concerned about. I googled strep therm and it's in cheese/dairy...so we are trying it. So far ok for DD9. Using the capsules and breaking it to mix w/ apple juice but she hates it. I'm thinking of trying other probiotics once these capsules are done.