ACN Latitudes Forums

So sick they can't go to school?

is anyone's child house bound because of lyme/bartonella? my girl is just stuck in front of computer on one certain show and does not budge. i hope this changes with the bactrim and minocycline. she was looking better on this stuff but is becoming stuck with ocd starting up again.

Yes. Many kids get to sick to go to school or have to back out for awhile. My son was out of school twice for 3 months each time in the last two years. We saw improvement after about 2 months on mino and rifampin for bart/lyme. It will take alot longer to fully recover though. We had tutors during that time. Barely made it but we did. Depending on how long she's been sick may determine recovery time. The kids and their immune systems are all so different there is really no set way to know. I know for me, I still have to remind myself this is for the long haul. Its been 3 months on the abx. Kathy

I'm so sorry she's been sick that long. You are working with a LLMD? Have you talked about the length of time she's been sick and how that might play into her recovery? How has she been functioning in school for the past years? Do you and your LLMD have a game plan?

DS7 missed most of his last school year mostly due to behaviour/psych issues. We got him going back to school in March, but only for 2 hours in the mornings, and some days that was too much. We finally got to the LLMD last week, and she says we need to homeschool this coming year because the treatment is going to be rough. I'm scared.