ACN Latitudes Forums

Strep and Diarrhea

I have seen my boys get a "stomach flu" type of presentation before with strep, but usually it involves vomitting. This time they both have diarhea only and one complained of nausea, sore throat, congestion and had a little OCD. The other has diarhea and, as of this evening, sudden-onset emotional lability (haven't seen his usual OCD/fears). As some of you know we are doing homeopathy and the "cues" for strep/pandas are much different and appear to be much more subtle so I thought maybe the diarrhea might be a piece of the puzzle, I don't know.

In any case, I gave my oldest a dose of his remedy and the sore throat and OCD went away immediately. I gave the other a dose of his remedy tonight right before bed, he did calm down and passed out, I will know for sure if it is going to deal with the emotionality in the morning.

OK, I'm just going to come out of denial right here and now (LOL!), my oldest son just woke up with a bad ear ache and congestion. I've been sitting here thinking about how I had a brief sore throat this week, and our sitter (who comes 2-3 times per week) had a sore throat earlier this week.

I'm going to go ahead and assume strep is lurking...

I just gave my son another dose of his remedy, hoping I can push this back...

As a side note, I am starting to dislike indoor playground facilities, with Chuck E Cheese being at the top of the list...sigh.

You are just NOW starting to hate inside play areas??? I refer to ball pits as cesspools. They definitely rank up there with hot tubs (I call that human stew). Indoor play areas should be banned & more because a lot of parents see. It as a free pass to not parent. Usually their kid is right beside me being "adorable," while mom or dad are nowhere to be found. Grrrr.

Hope the remedy makes all things good again!!! :) My ds said he felt "wobbly" yesterday morning, & he said it again today. Will tell me it's in his stomach. He was exposed to a bunch of stuff yesterday (see my post about vaccine shedding...dog & human). He's gets this feeling at times and since he's 7 that's about all he will say ("I feel wobbly"). I'm not sure what it means, but my PANDAS radar is up again. Will be sure to give probiotic.

Sarah, actually I have always hated those places. But here's the difference. Now that we are doing homeopathy, I find that their "tolerance" is much higher when it comes to strep exposure, or any germs in general. In the last 5 months, the only time I have seen my older son become emotional/OCD out-of-the-blue is when he goes to chuck e cheese or some other indoor playground. Other than that he has an immune system of steel (MAJOR KNOCK ON WOOD HERE...MAJOR LOL).

Anyway, the update is that my older son came right out of it with a couple doses of his remedy. My younger son required me to "sip-dose" him for 3 hours with his remedy and then he was good to go. We seem to be back on track (again...KNOCK ON WOOD)!

Oh and sorry to hear about the vaccine viral shedding!!? Are you referring to the flu-mist? Do you have the lovely pleasure of having all the kids in school receive the flu-mist at the same time, right there on campus?? We do...I kept him home for a few days (1. to make sure he didn't receive the vaccine by accident, and 2. to keep him from having kids sneeze on him right after getting the vaccine shot up their noses).