ACN Latitudes Forums

Adding the next family member to the LD list.....

I received the results from IgeneX for my ds(11) yesterday. He actually had more ++'s and IND's then either Shae or myself. All were Lyme specific bands except #41. (oddly enough when I had him tested through Enterolab for Gluten Intolerance he also came back more + than both of us and he had less symptoms).

He has had questionable symptoms during the last two years and the list just seems to keep getting larger. The kicker for me was within the last six weeks he has come home in the middle of the night from two seperate sleep overs because he has had overwhelming homesickness. Separation anxiety was Shae's first symptoms with PANDAS so you can imagine how quickly the Panic button went off at my house. Puberty is right around the corner for him as well and I don't want that to be the trigger for underlying Lyme. So we will look into getting treatment started for him. :(

Wendy---the friend of mine with the family of 4 out of 5 with Eosinophilic Eosphagitis had two members tested through IgeneX. Both had Lyme specific bands come back + & IND. They are pursuing treatment.

Edited by ShaesMom

It is scary and overwhelming but ultimately it will be better in the long run to start now. I hope you have caught it soon enough so that puberty will not be a trigger or that it makes this time for him worse. HUGS!!

susan

I'd say your son has a healthier immune response, potentially stronger and why more positive bands... and less symptomatic to date. Our younger DD who has always been healthier with less symptoms and has had an easier time with treatment. I hope you experience similar for your son.

WOW, regarding your friend's family!!! I think there is a lot of hope with treatment for them.

-Wendy

We too have a second, less symptomatic kid. While it's exhausting and financially draining, the second one does benefit from all that you already know and since they're generally healthier, it's not as bad. Plus, as everyone starts to get better, it's a relief to see the family dynamics improve and feel like you're moving together in the right direction. At first, it was like getting punched in the stomach. But now, it feels like we're dodging a second bullet.

Just remember to talk about it with both kids. Mine seem to benefit from knowing what's happening and why they have to take so many pills and they seem to find empathy for each other now that they know they have the same challenges.

My son took the news really well. Looked at me and said "I'm not going to get upset this time because it means I might be able to get gluten back which means I can be a normal kid again." I'm very proud of him. ^_^

Gluten was really hard for him.

Edited by ShaesMom

My son took the news really well. Looked at me and said "I'm not going to get upset this time because it means I might be able to get gluten back which means I can be a normal kid again." I'm very proud of him. ^_^

Gluten was really hard for him.

dd8 still talks about top ramen and she's been gluten free for 3 years! Her goal is to be able to eat gluten again and her first test is going to be with a cinnamon roll. She can't remember ever eating one. When she walks by one of those places in the mall that sell them, she says "Ahhhhhh, that gluten smells good!" I hope she gets her wish some day and I hope your ds does too!

Susan

dd8 still talks about top ramen and she's been gluten free for 3 years! Her goal is to be able to eat gluten again and her first test is going to be with a cinnamon roll. She can't remember ever eating one. When she walks by one of those places in the mall that sell them, she says "Ahhhhhh, that gluten smells good!" I hope she gets her wish some day and I hope your ds does too!

Susan

I used to make homemade cinnamon rolls every year for Christmas morning. Yum-O. My first mall food would likely be the Auntie Ann's Pretzels!! We may have to make a trip to your house when gluten is back on the menu and we can all celebrate together!! :D