ACN Latitudes Forums

Question about antibiotics

Hello Everyone, Lauren is now 7yrs old and is 4 1/2 months post second IVIG, she has been doing great, until 3 weeks ago, we think it was a loose baby tooth and a new tooth coming in. We have been giving her a 250mg Azithromycin every other day " She weighs just 43 lbs " She started having mild seperation anxiety and and worries. We started daily Azith and it calmed down we did this for 10 days, then it came back so we did this again for 14 days and it went away. Now we stopped and went back to every other day and once again it appears to be coming back. We doubled based on Dr. K's advice. I am wondering if we need to keep her on a full dose for longer or a different antibiotic? Does anyone have any thoughts.

Take Care, Doug Patrick

No thoughts but I'll share our experience. DS7 is neary 8wks post IVIG. He is currently on 250mg Augmentin sid. A little over 2 wks ago, he had two very loose teeth that he lost in a span of 3 days. We could see him ramping up w/ symptoms. I gave him 500mg Augmentin bid for 6 days and he got better again. Dr K did his IVIG and we also consult w/ Dr T. You may have to go back to treatment dose for a longer period or maybe even permanently.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been on here in ages - probably a year! - but was looking through some posts and figured I would get on this one to reply. My ds7 had issues with loose teeth, particularly when they would hang out in there for a while. We started bribing him to just yank them out, and that seemed to help. With respect to antibiotics, we consulted some dentists and our doctors and were told that clindamycin was best for tooth-related bacterial stuff. So each time he he's gotten a loose tooth since we figured that out, we've switched to clindamycin for a couple of weeks. Worked great for us.

We have not been able to decrease augmentin 875 twice per day even following 2 IVIgs with Dr K. We even tried (with discussion with Dr K, splitting the prophy dose of one 500mg augmentin to two doses per day of 250 mg augmentin but it didn't work).

Mary

from Michigan