ACN Latitudes Forums

skin burning

Hello.

I have every test to man done but I am still having very strange and painful skin sensations it feels like my skin is burning on the inside. I Have had Lyme tests done and tested for some coinfections but I am hearing that Quest lab is useless with testing for Lyme. I am not meeting with Dr, till mid July. Has anyone every had these sensations?? thanks so much.

Deanna

Yes, my dd9 and I both have had burning skin. I have only experienced it one time on my hands. My dd9 has had it many times on her hands, feet, head (brain) and torso. Sometimes you can see her skin get red while it's burning but mostly you can't see anything. We both have lyme and probably bartonella. Lyme positive by the Igenex lab testing.

Currently I get the creepy crawly sensation inside my veins and also like spiderwebs are on my arms. Very creepy and distrubing but not as painful as the burning.

HUGS and good luck!

Susan

Thanks for all the responses. I do not meet with Lyme doc till mid July--thought I was going crazy. Can you take anything for this??

Deanna

Thanks for all the responses. I do not meet with Lyme doc till mid July--thought I was going crazy. Can you take anything for this??

Deanna

I pulled this from Neuropsychiatric Assesment by Dr. R BR:

Burning is quite specific to NPLD (Neuropsychiatric Lyme Disease), but is also seen in herpes infections. The patient describes a sensation that a blowtorch is burning the skin. It can affect any part of the body. In some patients the burning migrates, while in others it remains in a given area. Both antibiotics and anticonvulsants relieve this symptom.

Edited by philamom

Hello.

I have every test to man done but I am still having very strange and painful skin sensations it feels like my skin is burning on the inside. I Have had Lyme tests done and tested for some coinfections but I am hearing that Quest lab is useless with testing for Lyme. I am not meeting with Dr, till mid July. Has anyone every had these sensations?? thanks so much.

Deanna

funny you mention this because I had burning in my fingers which progressed to my hands and forearms just about a week ago. It only lasted for about 2 days but it was very concerning. I was bitten by a tick last september but haven't had any testing so not sure if it was related. When it was happening I was looking for a cause and came across low calcium as a cause. I just took a calcium supplement for 2 days and it has stopped. May just be coincidence>>> not sure what to make of it.