ACN Latitudes Forums

Kirkman supplements

I recently started my daughter on Kirkman Spectrum Complete vitamins. I am trying to remain very cautiously optimistic, but I really think I'm seeing a definite reduction in her tics since starting the vitamin. When I returned to the Kirkman website, I was unable to order any of the spectrum complete. I ordered a trial size of Spectrum Complete II. Does anyone have anyone have any experience with the new formulation? I hate to have to make changes when I actually think I may be seeing some results.

Glad to hear you are seeing some positive results. We use the Kirkman Spectrum Complete powder as well and have seen results. I did not know there is a new formulation? I have a full container now - but would hate to have to switch it. We also use Kirkman Magnesium glycenate at bedtime and see a difference.

So happy to hear that you are seeing positive results. I'm thinking of starting this vitamin as well for my son. I checked on Amazon and there were a few different types: Kirkman Spectrum Complete II Powder-Trial Size, Spectrum-Complete Powder 454gm for $190, and Spectrum-Complete Powder-Hypo 454gm for $190. Mythree, can you tell me exactly which one you get? I'm just worried about getting the wrong one. =? Does it specifically say for children because I didn't notice that on the site? Where do you all order it from? Thanks so much.

Nola

Hi Nola,

No it does not specifically say for children. It is Spectrum Complete Powder. That would be name, but it does say under the name "Hypo Allergenic". It is aslo Casein and Gluten Free - but I think all the Kirkman products are. So from the list you are giving I would say it is Spectrum Complete Powder - Hypo. Hope that helps.

To add to what I wrote above. I just compared the Spectrum Complete Powder -Hypo to the one on the Kirkman website that is

Spectrum Complete Powder II-Hypo. It must be their new formulation of the same vitamin powder. I am going to email them and ask. The ingredients are all the same, but they have boosted the amounts on certain ingredients. So nothing seems to be taken out or added in that is new - but there seems to be more of certain vitamins.

Nola on the Kirkman website they are listing 454 grms for $49.75. Seems a lot cheaper than the Amazon price....

I recently started my daughter on Kirkman Spectrum Complete vitamins. I am trying to remain very cautiously optimistic, but I really think I'm seeing a definite reduction in her tics since starting the vitamin. When I returned to the Kirkman website, I was unable to order any of the spectrum complete. I ordered a trial size of Spectrum Complete II. Does anyone have anyone have any experience with the new formulation? I hate to have to make changes when I actually think I may be seeing some results.

Hi,

Spectrum Complete II lacks the glucosamine sulfate that the original formula had. It was a concern for me, since the SC multi, along with diet, are the keys to the treatment of our son's tics. When I called Kirkmans a couple of months ago, it was explained that the lab was unable to get that specific ingredient up to standards, so they eliminated it, and now call the glucosamine sulfate-less vitamin (it's the same in all other respects) Spectrum Complete II.

Glucosamine sulfate may help (like epsom salts) kids with sulfation issues. It's something I keep my eye on.

Btw, the flavored (stevia) version of Spectrum Complete still has the glucosamine sulfate. Not sure how long that will last...

Continued luck!

Chris

Just wnet back and did another quick comparison...

It seems the delivery of sulfate in the Kirkman multi is something they wanted to maintain. The SC II now delivers Zinc in sulfate form as opposed to citrate, and provides it in a higher dosage. So it seems that there should be little to no drop off of key ingredients in SC II.

Edited by Cj60

Chris,

Thanks so much for your reply. The SC is the first thing that I've done that seems to have somewhat of a positive effect on my daughter's tics, so I was disappointed to see it changed already. Hopefully, it will still work the same. I haven't actually tried a full dose for her yet as some of the vitamin levels seem so high for a child particularly. Do you supplement magnesium as well?

Oops... Forgot to mention the magnesium. Yes, we do the Natural Calm.

Our son is 9.5., @ 70 lbs. The magnesium had an effect on stool softness and we experimented with that. Then when we started the Kirkmans SC (magnesium is the second highest ingredient in that, if I'm not mistaken), there was another period of adjustment. But we have it down to 1.5 tsp of KSC in the a.m. and 1 tsp. of NC in the p.m. He manages those doses just fine.

Chris